Part 9

Sorry for the long delay but finally I have my laptop back :D so my updates will be faster now.

This part is short but I promise a longer chapter next time.

Part - 9

"Mummy, is this it?" asked Preeti eagerly as they got down from the rickshaw. She and Naina had to sit on her Papa and Mummy's laps but no one minded as they were too excited for the movie.

Naina and Preeti stared awestruck at the multiple painted movie posters and even though they had never seen a movie theatre before they felt it should look like this only.

There was a queue for some of the other movies which had released recently. The movie "Alibaba aur 40 Chor" wasn't a new one hence Chachaji could get tickets easily.

Chachaji ensured that he held the two girls tightly while he entered the theatre so that they don't get scared or lost in the darkness while Pooja Didi and Chachiji followed them.

Both Naina's and Preeti's excitement dialled down a little seeing the darkness but they were aware that it would be dark as Pooja Didi had explained how it is inside a theatre still they took slow steps and seated themselves carefully in the middle row. They weren't too close to the screen nor too far back.

They observed all the ads playing before the movie started. All of it was new to them and cheered along with others when the movie started.

Seeing something like this on a huge screen fascinated them. Everything seemed gigantic yet colorful. For them watching this movie seemed as magical as the genie in the movie.

And in between during the interval, Chachaji bought samosa and cream rolls for all of them.

After finishing the movie, when they walked out of the theatre, Pooja Didi and Naina kept discussing the movie asking if they noticed this and that, Chachaji and Chachiji simply observed them with a smile. But then they noticed Preeti walking silently.

They boarded an auto and went to Law Garden for dinner. Even when they got chaat to eat, she was still quiet. Chachaji gestured this to Chachiji and Chachiji finally asked, " Preeti, what happened? You have been so quiet. Are you not feeling well?" and started checking her forehead.

Preeti looked up and noticed everyone's concerned looks. Naina and Pooja Didi also realized that she had been too quiet.

"Mummy, nothing is wrong with me." said Preeti, pushing her mother's hands away.

"Then why are you so quiet, beta" asked Chachaji now.

Preeti took a deep breath and answered, "I am going to be a film star. All of them get to wear such nice clothes and all that song, dance, it will be fun. I have decided."

Chachaji and Chachiji burst out laughing while Naina stared at her in wonder and Pooja Didi remained silent.

"Mummy, Papa, why are you laughing?" asked Preeti who was quite serious in her statement.

When they still didn't stop laughing, she slammed the glass of water on the table in agitation and yelled, "Stop laughing."

Somehow Chachaji and Chachiji controlled their laughter and answered,

"This is the same thing that happened when we took Pooja for a movie for the first time. She was convinced that since she was as pretty as the actress in the movie, she will become a film star."

Naina and Preeti turned to stare at Pooja Didi who suddenly seemed very interested in the Papdi Chaat in front of her.

Preeti didn't relent, " I will definitely become a film star."

"Haan, ok. But don't decide that now. You should first study properly in school, grow up some more then you can decide. Now you finish eating this so that we can get ice cream after this" replied Chachaji.

With the thought of ice cream, movies and actors fled their mind.

Sameer on the other hand spent his day, trying to help Nanu plan for the next day.

After bfast, he said, "Nanu, we should plan the lunch menu for tomorrow."

However Nanu was confused. He had invited everyone but normally all the preparations for guests in his house had been done by his wife and then by his daughter. He didn't know what should be done for lunch, how much should be cooked and which plates should be used.

He knew with Sameer around it would be complicated as the boy was too excited and was hyper.

But he decided to ask if there were any favorites.

"Do you want anything made specifically? Or don't want anything?"

"Most of them don't like tinde, everyone likes aloo paratha." And then remembering Naina and Preeti's excitement over the kulfi bell said, " We should buy ice cream, Nanu. Everyone loves it" said Sameer.

"Ok then, I will send Ramdhari to buy it. If you want you can go & play with Munna and Pandit because tomorrow you cannot and I will talk to Geeta Ji about lunch." said Nanu

Sameer wondered for a minute if he should stay back and then decided anyway he couldn't help much.

So he called up Munna and Pandit and then decided to meet up in the nearby park.

Then they spent the entire day playing cricket while Nanu spoke with Geeta Ji who knew where the cutlery and plates for guests were kept as she had helped Vishaka while preparing for a dinner with her in-laws before the marriage.

He somehow managed to finalise on the menu and sent out Ramdhari to buy the ice creams. By the time all this had been done, the boys returned for lunch. But Nanu sent them out to the garden again after lunch as the house had to be cleaned.

And that's how Sameer's day was spent, mostly playing with his friends while Nanu prepared for the next day.