Marriage Life

"That's nice, Dale," I moaned as he sucked on my neck.

My husband's right hand was between my legs. His wet finger pushed into my ass. My cell phone phone rang and it momentarily distracted me. I glanced at the screen. Damien.

"Shit," I muttered.

"Don't answer it," Dale growled.

I ignored the phone and returned to making out with my husband. A minute later, the phone rang again.

I let out an annoyed sigh. "I'd better answer it or he'll just keep calling back."

"God damn it," Dale mumbled and rolled off me.

I grabbed the phone from the nightstand and answered it. "Hello? What do you want, Damien? It's late and I'm already in bed."

"Mason!" Damien cried.

"What's wrong, Damien?" I asked my sobbing friend over the phone.

"It's... Joseph! He... dumped... me!" he managed through wracking sobs. "He told... me... to... get out!"

"Dame, calm down. Listen, I'll be right there, okay?"

"Hurry, Mason. Please!"

"I'm on my way."

I hung up the phone and sighed. I rolled over and looked at my husband.

"What's wrong with Damien now?" he asked.

"He said that Joseph dumped him and kicked him out."

"He's probably fed up with his drama."

I stroked the little hairs between Dale's pecs. Damien drove Dale crazy, but Dale got along with him for my sake.

"Dale, I know he can be a little bit of a diva, but he's my best friend."

"Mason, you bail him out of situation after situation every time. What does he ever do for you?"

"That's not the point. I've known Damien for over 20 years. Since we were freshman in high school. I'm not going to turn my back on him."

Dale shrugged my hand off him. "Do what you need to do. I'm not gonna argue with you about god damned Damien."

"I'm sorry, Dale. I'll be back in a bit, okay?"

I leaned in and Dale huffed, but then turned and gave me a reluctant kiss.

"Okay," he said. "I'll be here."

I got out of bed and got dressed in sweats and a t-shirt and threw on some sneakers. I sped off in my car to Damien and Joseph's house.

Damien was sitting on his front porch steps when I pulled up. I parked in front and sat down next to him. He had his face buried in his hands. I put my arm around him and he laid his head on my shoulder.

"What happened, Dame?" I asked.

"He dumped me. I..."

Damien started sobbing. I tightened my grip on his shoulder.

"It's okay. We'll talk later. I'm gonna go inside and pack you a bag, okay?"

Damien sniffled and nodded. He wiped his running nose on his sleeve. I rubbed his back and gave him a quick kiss on top of his head. I took a deep breath and stood and knocked on the front door and opened it.

Joseph was sitting at the dining room table drinking a bottle of whiskey. He looked awful. His eyes were bloodshot red.

"Joseph?" I quietly interrupted.