Chapter 2

4 years ago: 11 years old

"We will be back before supper" my mum said kissing my forehead and giving me a hug. My dad, mum and sister are going out of town for something.

"Be safe don't answer the door and call us if you need us" my mum said.

"Okay love you guys" I said as they walked out the door. I know it sounds crazy leaving a 11 year old girl at home alone while they go out of town but we have very protective neighbors and two cops down the street and some cheap but safe security system all neighborhoods have. I was sitting in my room for about an hour watching Disney Channel. Then breaking news came on.

"ATTENTION EVERYONE STAY OFF THE STREETS THERE HAS BEEN A HORRIBLE OUTBREAK THAT IS SPREADING ACROSS THE WORLD THAT CAUSES THE DEAD TO COME TO LIFE AND EAT HUMANS! PLEASE BE SAFE AND-" the tv went static.

I grabbed the home phone and dialed my dads number and put the phone to my ear. Nothing. The lines are down.

"What's going on..." I say as I open my front door. I didnt see anything unusual. It looks like a normal day. I walk down the street and see a woman with her back to me walking down the street.

"Excuse me m'am" I shouted. The woman stopped but didn't turn around.

"Do you know what's going on?" I asked walking closer to her. She turned around with white eyes and a drooling mouth. This was my neighbor when I used to live down the street, she clamped her teeth and grabbed onto my shoulders. I pushed her off and walked backwards. She started walking towards me again, whats wrong with her?

I then tripped over a rock falling backwards... Of course. She landed ontop of me trying to bite me. What the heck.

Then I remembered what the news lady said "There has been a horrible outbreak that is spreading across the world that causes the dead to come back to life and eat humans" I then kicked it off me and smashed it's head with my foot. Blood and brains are all over my converse. I stared at the "thing" with wide eyes shocked at what in humane thing I just did. I backed up covering my mouth, then ran to my house.

When I got back inside I grabbed a knife and ran back outside and went to my nearest woodshop and grabbed as much wood as possible my dad has told me many times what to do if I was ever in this type of situation and I needed safety. 5 trips later I had all the wood I needed to board up the windows and doors. I even got canned food from the store on my last trip.

There wasn't any of those "things" outside. I only saw maybe one or two. I hope they find a cure soon.

But for now on I have to stay in the house [ ;) ] and wait for my parents and sister. They'll be back. I know it. I guess the powers down too because the lights aren't working....nothing is working..

Mum, Dad, Cloe.. Please hurry.