2-No Way Out

"What? No!" I cried. "I was just sleeping, I didn't see anything!"
    "Well, you've seen us in your car. That's enough to put us in jail for at least six months," Conner explained. Joe climbed over the front seat with a rope in his hands. I was getting desperate. I peeled off my blankets and kicked Joe in the face.
    "Ahhhhhh!" He screamed as he grabbed his nose and fell back. Conner lunged for me and pinned my arms behind my back. I started to kick frantically and scream at the top of my lungs. But Joe recovered quickly and started tying my legs together. They pulled me up and sat me down in one of the middle seats. I put up a fierce struggle, but I was no match against two people. Besides, where would I go in a car speeding down the road? Both my arms were tied to the arm rests. I pulled with all my might, but the ropes held tight. How could I escape?
                                          ...
    I sat straining to break away from the ropes. Connor, sitting next to me, tugged on the ones binding my right arm, making sure it was secure. "You're not getting away, so stop trying."
    "No, I will escape," I replied in a firm voice. Two bright headlights shone through the window ahead. I saw my chance. I lifted my bound legs and they landed on the button that let the windows down. As it opened, I screamed at the passing car. Then as soon as the window was rolled down, it was coming up again. Connor clamped his hand over my mouth to stop me from screaming. I faced glares from Bill and Joe.
    "Conner, would you please silence her?" Bill instructed Conner. "We're almost there, I don't want her to squeal again."
    "Almost where?" I tried to ask though Connor's hand. Only he heard me.
    "Haven't you realized?" he asked. "We're thieves, we're going to steal something," he explained to me as though he were talking to a five year old.