9.5

Dom, Brian, Mia, and Vince are cuffed before they are loaded into the back of Luke's vehicle to be transported to the airport.

"Have the Marshals meet us at the airport when we land," Luke says as he speaks on the phone. Luke gets off of the phone before looking in front of him to see a man on the roof of the building in front of him. "Ambush!" The man on the building, fires a bazooka before taking out the car in front of them. Luke grabs his walkie as they come to a stop. "Wilkes, suppression fire. Shut them down." The car behind them stops as more of Reyes' men show up with guns. Luke's team gets out of the car behind them, firing at Reyes' guys. "Stagger step. Cover me." Hunt gets out of the car firing at Reyes' men. Luke looks at Elena and Artemis. "Watch them." Luke gets out of the car before Brian covers Mia. Luke takes out a few of Reyes' men.

"Cut us loose!" Brian yells at Elena and Artemis.

"Come on! Cut us loose!" Vince also yells at Elena and Artemis, who is keeping an eye on Luke. Luke starts making his way around the car as his team takes out Reyes' men. The man on the roof then fires the bazooka, hitting the second car which sends Luke flying back.

"Luke!" Artemis yells before turning to look at Elena. "Cut them loose." Elena starts letting Dom, Brian, and Vince go as Artemis hands them guns. Hunt goes to run over to Luke but is gunned down. Luke looks over at Fusco, who is trying to get out of the first car before two grenades are dropped by Fusco before they blow. Luke looks around at the rest of his dead team before several of Reyes' men start running towards him. Luke struggles to move before Reyes' men start getting gunned down causing Luke to turn to see Artemis, Dom, Brian, and Vince. Artemis walks over to Luke with a shotgun in her hands before she reaches out her hand to him. "This is no place to die." Luke takes her hand before she pulls him up. Artemis wraps Luke's arm around her shoulders before Dom goes to Luke's other side. They help him to the car while Vince and Brian cover them. They all get into the car as Elena and Mia crawl into the front seats.

"We're good?" Elena asks as she looks back.

"Yeah, lets go, lets go!" Mia answers her before Elena takes off hitting the truck that is blocking their way. Mia looks back at Brian before looking at everyone else.

"Hey, Dom," Vince says as he gets his attention causing everyone to see that he had been shot. "You've got to meet my son. Nico."

"I will," Dom promises him.

"He's a good kid," Vince tells him. "You know, we named him after you. 'Dominic'."

"You got my word, Vince," Dom says before Vince takes his last breath. Artemis holds Luke's head in her lap as she tries to access his injuries. Elena takes them back to the hideout where the rest of the Toretto team is waiting. They place Vince on a table before covering his body with a blanket. Brian and Mia fill everyone in on what happened while Dom stands with Vince. Mia gets Artemis the things she needs to take care of Luke. Artemis starts to clean a cut on his forehead with a wet rag causing him to hiss.

"Oh, don't be such a baby," Artemis says with a small smile on her face causing him to roll his eyes. Luke watches her as she cleans his wound, taking in how concentrated she is. Luke wanted nothing more than to kiss her in that moment but thought better of it.

"Thank you for saving me," Luke says as he lightly grabs her wrist pulls it away from his face. Artemis feels her heart race from his touch as she holds back a shiver.

"Anytime," Artemis tells him with a small smile.

"And you are right about Toretto and his team," Luke says causing Artemis to smirk.

"You betcha ass I am," Artemis says with a laugh which causes Luke to laugh.

"You're really good at what you do," Luke says as she covers the wound. "You should become a DSS agent."

"I'll think about it," Artemis tells him with a wink before she walks over to Elena.

"We need to move. We don't have that much time," Dom says as he walks over to the team.

"I got us a flight out. We can leave Rio in the rear view in the next five hours," Han says as he walks over.

"Not to run away," Dom says as he stops on the stairs before he turns to face them. "To finish the job."

"Are you crazy, Dom? We can't," Gisele asks she looks at the siblings.

"It's a suicide mission," Rome adds as he looks at them. "That's your man over there on the table. The plan is busted! This is bullshit, man. Reyes knows we're coming!"

"He's right," Tej agrees. "They tripled the detail at the police station. It's going to be a wall of gunfire."

"Reyes doesn't get away with this," Dom says as he looks at them.

"It's a trap," Han tells him. "You know that."

"Dom, listen to them," Elena says as she looks at Dom. "Run, before it's too late. Leave Rio. You can be free."

"Running ain't freedom," Dom says as he looks at her. "You should know that. You know you're all free to make your own choices."

"I'm in," Luke says causing everyone besides Artemis to look at him in slight confusion. Artemis looks at him with a small smile on her face. "I'll ride with you, Toretto. At least until we kill that son of a bitch."

"So what's the plan, Dom?" Brian asks causing Dom to look at the team. "We can't just go sneaking around anymore."

"We don't sneak. The only thing he cares about is his money. We pull that, we pull him," Dom explains as he glances at Luke.