LA Devotee

9:23 PM

"I won!" Rose chirped as she laid down all her cards into the table. "Fives times in a row, baby!"

Mallory glowered and sighed as he gave her his one dollar. "I'm tired of playing Go Fish, can we just play poker?"

A rhythmic knock on the door disrupted their playing session. The two roommates glimpsed at each other, then raced towards the door. Mallory was first to the door and opened it, revealing Don.

"Thank God, you're here." Mallory sighed and smiled as soon as he looked at Don's face. "I'm tired of playing cards."

Rose accidentally slipped at the floor and bumped into her roommate - making a domino effect

Rose accidentally slipped at the floor and bumped into her roommate - making a domino effect. He mistakenly fell into Don and the three toppled into the floor.

Mallory's face reddened as he looked up to the blonde man, who was still recovering from the damage.

"I'm so sorry! Are you okay?"

"What just happened?" Don asked as he rubbed his head.

Rose stood up and apologized. "I'm so sorry, it's my fault!"

The three stood up from the dusty floor.

Don dusted off his clothes while Mallory checked the blonde man's back and spotted a dusty spot on his behind his shoulders.

"Why are you here?" Mallory asked as he wiped off the dust on Don's suit.

Don checked himself on his phone's front camera briefly and uttered. "I want to ask you if you're available tonight."

Mallory raised a brow while leaning at the door frame. "Why is that? Are you asking me out?"

Don smirked. "Good guess."

"Well, I don't know-"

Rose rested her chin on Mallory's shoulder and butted in. "He's not busy at all. Don't worry!"

"Rose!"

"Stop it, you suck at playing hard to get."

She chortled as Mallory pushed her off in an annoyed way. He leaned on the doorframe and crossed his arms.

"Sure, Blondie. Where will you take me?"

"Anywhere you like. I would like to take a waltz around this town, it has been a while since I got here again."

"Really?"

"I'll elaborate later. Don't you mind if I borrow your friend tonight, Rose?" Don winked.

"Well, he gotta get his coat first!" Rose saif before shoving Mallory inside. "Wait just a minute!" She closed the door and interviewed Mallory.

"Is he really that into you now?"

"I guess so."

"Gee, I'm envious! Where do you find a guy like Don? Good looking, funny... Uh... Actually has money..."

"Maybe not on earth," Mallory muttered to himself jokingly.

"What did you say?

"Nothing! Don't worry, Darling, you'll get a decent man too someday like me."

"If not, I might as well become a nun, haha!"

"Don't be silly."

Mallory finally found a decent bomber jacket and approached the exit. "I'll be going now, Sister Rose."

"Don't forget to bring me home some snacks!"

Mallory nodded and hugged her before going out with Don.

----§----§------§-------

Mallory followed Don in the empty streets. The streetlights illuminate the surroundings and the pavement they stepped on.

"Wow, so many things has changed since I left." the blonde man commented.

"When did you left, actually?"

"50 years ago. I was working somewhere else by that time."

"About work, what the hell do you do?"

Don smiled and shrugged, "I manage soul contracts. I used to be in the torture department but it got annoying."

"Chrisy, I don't need to know that last part."

Don flashed a mischievous grin, "Do you know I used to be an angel?"

Mallory raised his brows. "That explains your appearance. You don't look like a demon at all. You like divine."

"Thanks."

"I am being serious. Were you expelled from Heaven?"

"Not really, I knew those high and mighty bastards with their high horses... planning to kick me out. So I left before I could give them the satisfaction of firing me"

"Why would they?"

Don shook his head and sighed."Well, Firstly, I have this tendencies to get bored easily. I messed around a lot and it pissed them off.

Second, they hate my father's guts because he planned to overthrow God himself. He failed and then decided to screw humans. Thus creating me and from my probably dead-by-now brothers or cousins-"

"Who's your father?"

"Azazel. In case you don't know, he used to be a high ranking angel known for being cunning , but he's really prideful and a dick so he fell down"

Mallory chortled.

Don chuckled too then stopped at his tracks. He pointed to the Karaoke Bar with the phrase Sing as you want on the entrance. "That looks fun."

Mallory grinned and pulled the blonde man's arm into the bar. He gave Don the book full of songs. After some minutes, he finally picked one and climbed at the stage. He picked up the microphone and pulled up Mallory with him.

"This song is for you." Don winked then sang.

"You got two black eyes from loving too hard
And a black car that matches your blackest soul

I wouldn't change ya, oh
Wouldn't ever try to make you leave, no

Oh, the neon coast was your sign
And the Midwest wind with Pisces rising

I wouldn't change ya, oh
Wouldn't ever try to make you leave, no

Static palms melt your vibe
Midnight whisperings

The black magic of Mulholland Drive!
Swimming pools under desert skies..

Drinking white wine in the blushing light
Just another LA Devotee

Sunsets on the evil eye
Invisible to the Hollywood shrine

Always on the hunt for a little more time
Just another LA Devotee

Just another, just another, uh oh
Just another LA Devotee"