~Chapter Nineteen~

(Y/n's POV)

It's the weekend now

Oscar texted me and said to meet him at the park today. I had to give him my number cause we're now a "thing". I'm starting to regret making the deal.

I tell Aunt Gabriella where I'm going and leave. I listen to my favorite music on the way there. The music makes me happy and I need the happiness before seeing the douchebag. I finally get there and see Oscar waiting impatiently. He has a frustrated look on his face and is tapping his foot quickly and kind of harshly on the ground. He sees me and walks over to me.

He gets uncomfortably close to me and asks, "what took you so long?"

I take a step back to move away from him but he just takes a step forward so we're back to the same distance. Welp, that was pointless I guess. I then answer his question with, "I walked."

I pause the song I'm listening to right now and take out my earbuds/put my headphones on my neck(Do whichever one you prefer). I then ask, "you wanna walk and talk or sit on the bench and talk?"

"Walk," he responds and takes my hand, which makes me throw up in my mind. I try to take it out but he makes me hold onto it by gripping it tighter.

"So why'd you want me to come here?" I question.

"So we can talk about the relationship and deal," he replies. "First thing is that we have to actually act like a couple. Like holding hands, showing affection, and if it goes on for long enough then we start kissing and shit. But good news is that it will only be in public, so that way we're convincing people we're actually a couple."

Oh dear God I hope it doesn't get to the kissing point. What if Davey sees us kissing... wait Davey! Oh no what will he think of this?! If he finds out then I'll probably never even get a slight chance of being with him. Has he already found out? I'll have to ask Jack when I get home.

"When would the kissing point be?" I ask, curious to know.

"Probably like a month in," he answers as I look up at him.

"Okay," I look forward again. I hope it doesn't get to the one month point.

Time skip to walking back home

After about an hour of being with Oscar, it's time that I head home (finally). We discussed things for the relationships and got to know each other better. You see, in books and movies when this happen, normally the girl thinks of him as less of an asshole after getting to know him. That did not happen. He is a huge asshole. I'm pretty sure he's the type of person who could see an innocent person getting beaten to death and not care or feel bad.

As I'm walking I start to hear music playing. It's a familiar tune. As I get closer and closer to it I realize it's the same one Davey and I heard when he was walking me home the other day. I stop to see if I have any money on me and found five bucks! I make my way over to the people playing music and tip them the five bucks. I take a few steps back and watch them play. I sway side to side a bit until the song is over. I then make my way back home smiling and playing the tune in my head.

Soon I reach home and enter the small apartment. I see Crutchie, Race, and Jack hanging out in the living room area together. They notice me enter the the apartment and stop talking. Well, that makes me feel like a burden.

Race is the first to speak and asks me, "is it true that you're dating Oscar?"

I respond with a nod. I feel ashamed that I am at this point, but I gotta do what I gotta do to keep the people I care about safe. I make my way over to my shared bed and sit down. I decide that I should probably leave the boys alone and put in my earbuds/put on my headphones (once again, whichever you prefer). I play my favorite music and do whatever on my phone.

After a little bit Race comes over to the bed and sits next to me. I scoot over a bit to make sure he's comfortably on. Our arms are touching because we're so close to each other.

"Whatcha doin?" he asks, looking at my phone.

I turn off my phone and make one ear open to hearing easily. I look at him, then answer by saying, "just chillin. What are you doin?"

"Sittin next to you," he says. No shit Sherlock. "Why are you dating him?" Race asks.

I look away from him and at my lap. I grab a strand of hair to play with and lie telling him, "cause I like him."

"That's a lie," he states. God damnit.

~~~
Sorry this took do long to get out, I'll try to not do that again. I hope you liked this chapter though. Have a good day/night and if no one has told you they love you today, I love you! Once again, sorry!