Delgado X OC: Daddy's Little Girl Pt. 2

"JUST STOP, ALRIGHT?!"

Just as quick as those three words were uttered, Diane realizes her mistake and clasp her mouth with her paws. She doesn't need to see to know that everyone's probably staring right now with looks of shock and anger.

The dalmatian teen quickly ran out of the room and towards the bathroom, tears flowing down her orbs like waterfalls. Diane slams the door shut, and immediately starts to break down, leaning against the bathroom door.

'You blew it!' 'You're an idiot!' 'It's over!' 'There goes another family!' 'Pathetic!' 'You're worthless!' These are the words racing inside of the dalmatian's mind, yelling at her like a piece of crap that she knows she is. She blew it. Now Delgado is going to throw her back to the streets. All because she couldn't keep her mouth shut.

"I-It is... o-over......" sobbed the teen while putting both paws on her head and clutched it as more streams of tears flows down into the floor. She just wants to push her paws deep inside her head and breaks her skull right now.

As the dalmatian teen is lost in her thoughts, she can hear her father's voice from the other side of the door, "Diane.... are you okay?"

No answer. Only the sounds of sniffling and whimpers greet the paraplegic dalmatian.

Both canines stand on either side of the door, not knowing what to say to each other. The entire family watches in anticipation for what's about to happen next.

"Geez, I hope everything will be okay."

"Agree. All of these tensions are disturbing my inner peace."

After moments of uneasy silence, Delgado decides to approach his daughter. The dalmatian have come up with what he would say towards the visually impaired canine, but he's caught off-guard when Diane starts to speak, "Dad, listen.... I-I'm sorry.... if y-you want to throw me away.... I-I understand..."

This leaves everyone completely stun, especially Delgado. He can't believe that his daughter would think that. What could possibly make her think that he's ever going to abandon her?

"What are you talking about, sweetheart? I would never do that."

"You're just saying that! No one would ever want someone like me!"

"That's not true. You're my daughter. I love you, Diane."

"How? How can you? You're perfect. You have a wonderful family. Incredible friends. A loving girlfriend. You have everything, dad!..... and then there's me.... I don't understand what you could possibly see in me..."

Delgado sigh, knowing what he has to say to get through to his daughter.

"Diane, I see a powerful, strong, kind, sweet, independent girl.... with an unmatchable will to live... and someone... who I am very proud to call my daughter."

No response from the teen, but Delgado continues, "I have done some awesome things in my life, but my greatest achievement is having you with me."

This elicit a wave of 'Awwws' from the other canines in the room. "I'll admit, before I adopt you, I was questioning whether I could be a parent or not. I was so scared that I would just make a big fool of myself. But, being with you, it has given me the chance to learn and be better. Thanks to you, sweetie, I'm a better dog now. I will forever be grateful."

Diane lean against the bathroom door, taking in every single word that her father had said. A small smile crack open on the dalmatian's lips, a single drop of tear falling from her orbs and into the tiled floor. A teardrop of happiness.

Maybe she is worth something, after all.

The dalmatian teen unlocked the door, and ran into the arms of her father, who's more than gladly to welcome her. Both holds each other in a tight embrace. Neither Delgado nor Diane cared that they're crying right now. All that matters is that they have each other. And that's all that they need.

From that day on, Diane has learned a valuable lesson: Even if you can't see love, it is always there with you.