Epilogue: Special Chapter

It was a fine day for biking or a good walking for me and Grandma. We were in the park, just nearby in our house.

"Grandma, can you tell me another story?" I told her. As a seven years old kid, I love hearing stories from Grandma, especially about rituals and magics. I was looking at the beautiful girl, playing on her iPad while waiting for her mother, I think.

Grandma laughed and said, "Do you want to hear about the black magic that my late Grandma had?" It didn't make me startled or even frightened. Upon hearing it, I clapped my hands as I was very excited about Grandma's new story.

"I would love to, Grandma!" I replied enthusiastically. Grandma pinched my rosy cheeks before she began. "In a far, far village there was a crone living in a simple and minute house. She was alone for a long, long time."

"Grandma, if I was there can I help the pity crone?" I ask confusedly but Grandma burst into laughter. "Of course you can, but you can't see the outside world anymore. Her house was filled with magic and curse, once you entered against her will, you will automatically dead and your spirit will be imprisoned forever, at the glass bottle.

I listened, playing with my fingers. "But, one rainy day, there was a group of people who came to her house. They are blaming the crone for dying of their first son, they were twenty, and all of them are carrying flaming torches."

"Did they burn her house, Grandma?" I don't know, but I felt pity for the crone. She's too old to be blamed. Grandma continued, "No! The twenty men with torches performed a ritual to break the spell. The crone did nothing, she let them do the ritual in front of her house. The ritual was successfully done but not until an ordinary man showed up. He was, Dylan."

I looked up at Grandma, I'm confused now. "I'm not a murderer!" The old woman said in a deafening and boisterous voice. The tress dances like it's alive, and a strong wind blows up their torches. "Dylan! Dylan is the new ruler of black magic and he killed your sons and daughters  for his personal intentions."

"What happened, Grandma? Why would Dylan do such a thing?" I asked her, confused and curious.

"Dylan didn't accept the murder he did to his own family. He's lost and lonely. By then, he performed the ritual and take the lives of his neighbor's children. He became too furious, greedy, and insane."

"Dylan grinned like a devil. The ground shook recklessly and the twenty men suddenly fell into a cliff. The crone and Dylan left. The old lady knows that she can't win against him, he's too powerful and crazy. They fought by saying Latin orations until Dylan vanished and turned into ashes. " Grandma looked at me, checking if I would be startled or what.

"But Dylan was too intelligent, he's not yet dead. He came to be a spirit and without hesitation, he stabbed the crone at her chest."

I covered my mouth to my surprise. "She died that night, Grandma?" I asked her.

Grandma nodded and said, "No. He didn't kill her, because the truth is, the old woman is already, dead. Dylan screamed out of his anger and little did he know, he slowly vanishes from the earth and his spirit reached the world of magic. But then, the old woman hid an old box and book under the ground, and the first person who can get it will be the next victim."

I could still remember that day, I was excited with Grandma's story, the whole story to be exact. It was left unsaid because mom interrupted. But,  when I performed the mysterious ritual because of my boredom, everything changed. Grandma told me that I saved the whole world.

The moment that I was imprisoned in the world of magic, was the most unforgettable experience in my entire life. It makes me smile and pout, every time I remember those times that I didn't believe Sabrina, about bad omens and rituals; of course, Zhoe, who told me that there's someone in our house, aside from the three of us.