Chapter 7: Nowhere

───── ⋆⋅🍨⋅⋆ ─────

Sometimes we realize we aren't the type to do things, sometimes we figure it out. but other times we do things no one would even imagine you as the type. here I am. Driving to Steve's friends house to drop off a cake. Why am I doing this, if I'm not the type to? Because I've decided it's time. It's time to put my damn fear aside. Show the world I'm not a weak little girl that anyone can yell at. I need to show people that just because I'm kind hearted I can't get treated like a plate from sedcond hand.

"And we're here." Steve said as we pulled into the driveway. We got out and headed for the door. He didn't even knock he simply opened the door and walked in. It smelled good, it was around dinner time so I figured they would eat dinner soon. "Uh guys, this is Elena." Steve said introducing me. I kinda stood there shyly until the words flowed through my mouth.

"Hi." I said as I slightly smiled. There was some silence until a brunette haired, very muscled man who looked to be the oldest of the group talked.

"Well hey Elena, I'm Darry and this is Ponyboy, Johnny, and Two-bit" he said pointing to some guys that were sitting on the couch.

"Go ahead and take a seat." Darry said. I looked down at my hands.

"Actually there is no need for me to sit down, I just came to drop Steve off and to drop this cake off too." I said as I chucled towards the end of my scentence.

"No please take, a seat, we were just waiting for Soda and Dallas to get here so we can eat dinner." He said.

"Oh well with even more reason, I should get doing, where should I put this?" I said. He grabbed the cake.

"Thank you for bringing the cake but really, we wouldn't mind if you stayed, we'd like the company actually." Darry said. I looked around and the guys nodded. I turned to Steve.

"C'mon, you should stay and get to know my friends." Steve said as he led me to the couch.

"Okay fine, I'll just have to call my mom and let her know I'll be home late," I said.

"Of course, phone is right there." Darry said smiling. I got up and dialed the number to my parents house. In that moment Sodapop and his friend Dallas walked in. The other line picked up.

"Hello?" I said.

"Elena where are you?" It was my dad.

"I went to the cafe and it got late. So I came to a friend's house. I'll be staying for dinner if that's okay?" I said.

"Guy or girl?" He asked.

"Dad?" I said.

"Guy or girl?" He insisted.

"Daddy not now." I said

"Guy or girl?" He said once more.

"It's a guy daddy okay? Can I stay? Look I'll be home before eight" I said as I sighed.

"Sure you can but you better be responsible alright?" He said.

"Yes daddy" I said. The other line hung up. I placed the phone in its place. "Oh hey!" I said as I turned around and faced them.

"Well let's gather for dinner." Darry said. We all walked to the dinner table. Steve pulled out the chair for me to sit down. I took a look around the dinning table and took a bite of my food.

~
Dinner was heading towards the end when Dallas spoke up. "Hey Steve, how are you and your girlfriend?" He asked I looked around and it was quiet.

"Girlfriend?" I asked. Taking a a drink from my cup.

Steve looked at Dallas and then at me. "We used to date, Evie? She was my girlfriend until a couple of days ago. But I broke it off since I didn't see the point. Anymore" he said.

I stayed silent. It was this awkward silence type of thing. "Okay well we should try that cake you brought." Darry said as he brought the cake over. I smiled. It bothered me. For some unknown reason it bothered me that he was dating someone. Or used to. But why? Why did it bother me? They all took a bite of cake.

"Is that-?" Darry began

"Coffee? Yep part of my recipe" I said as I smiled. "Coffee gives it a more fluffy and balances the sweetness of the cake." I said we talked some more for a while.

~
"Oh shoot!" I said as I looked at my watch. I stood up and grabbed my things. "I have to go, but thank you guys so much for everything, and if y'all need a ride somewhere or just need anything let me know." I said as I walked towards Darry and handed him a paper with my number. He gave me a hug and I headed towards Steve. "Do you need a ride home?" I asked. He stared at me before answering.

"Sure, unless that causes any problems, then I'm totally cool walking home." He said

"Don't worry it's no problem. Bye guys" I said. We walked out and to my car.

I pulled into Steve's driveway. The light from inside turned on and they opened the door. A woman that looked to be around my mothers age walked out. "Steve" she yelled. "Is that you?"

Steve got out of the car. "Yes mom, thank you for the ride." He said turning to me.

"No problem" I smiled.

Steve's mom walked out. Steve decided to introduce us.

"Mom, this is my friend Elena, Elena, this is my mom, Nancy." He said

His mom decided to come close, "Hey Elena, we should catch a coffee sometime, I wanna know the girl that's dating my baby." She said smiling. Steve blushed and shook his head.

"Oh, Mrs. Randle-.." I began

"Please, cal me Nancy," she interrupted,

I nodded, "Nancy, I'm not dating Steve. We're just friends." I smiled. Steve nodded.

"Now mom, lets go inside, Elena has to get home." Steve said as he bent down for his jacked inside my car. I leaned up to him and pecked his cheek out of impulse. He smiled shyly and walked to his house. With his mom infront.

They say the best love story is the ones where you fall in love unexpectedly. With an unexpected person, at an unexpected time. At first it's just a simple "hello" that you'd never expect would turn into this feeling. Your mind will start to concentrate on that one person. And nothing else. When you're talking to that person, see that person or just near them, butterflies fly around in your stomach. You get this feeling like all your problems disappear as soon as you see their smile. Every little thing they say, every little detail of them, every small gesture from them makes you smile. It's a happy feeling inside. It's a good feeling isn't it?