Chapter 8: It's Not Like That

───── ⋆⋅🍨⋅⋆ ─────

Steve's P.O.V

We often lie to ourselves all the time. Denial is the worst kind of lie. Because it's the lie you tell yourself. When we deny our own truth, we deny our own potential, our own expectations. Of course, lying to yourself can be easy, because staying and telling the truth and dealing with the consequences can be harder. The truth is, in it's simplest terms, that denying the truth, will not change the facts.

I walked behind my mom. She walked in the house and sat down the couch. I closed the door behind and stared at where she was. One of those dramatic soap operas was playing and of course, just like every night, my mother was hooked. "You like her" My mom said without turning to me. My eyes whent wide.

"No I don't" I said defending myself. She stared at me.

"Come on Steve. You like her. And there's nothing wrong with that. You broke up with Evie. She seems like a good girl." She said. I looked at her.

"Mom she's a Soc, I don't think she would-.." my mom looked at me. Making me stop talking.

"Well that didn't seem to bother her when she kissed you on the cheek now did it?" She said. I looked at her.

"Mom, I don't like her, I mean, why would she like me?" I said my mom stared at me.

"Honey, you are a handsome, smart, sweet guy. Any girl would be lucky to date someone like you. You have so much ahead of you, so much potential, live your success with someone who loves you." She said. I stared at her and nodded walking away to my room.

I sat on my bed and I looked out the window. My mom was right in a way. Elena was really beautiful and sweet. But I don't think she could ever like me. I'm sure she plans on marrying someone with her social status. Although she doesn't seem like the person to do so just because of their status, but I wouldn't be surprised if she did end up doing that.

I broke up with Evie because there wasn't a good connection anymore. I noticed she just stopped caring about us and only cared about her. Elena. Elena is different. She cares about others before herself. She's smart. Sweet. I don't want to say I liked her like that because I didn't, but she could become someone in my life. I sighed as I stood up and walked towards my jacked that was on my desk. I put my hand in the pockets when I felt a piece of paper. I pulled it out, it was a note. I oppened it and it was written in nice handwriting.

"Here's my number, call me if you need anything or want to hang out :D
~ Elena <3"

I smiled to myself. She is really sweet, but I'm convinced she would never like a guy like me. It's impossible.

There is no point in using the word 'impossible' when anything is possible. There is a drug. A powerful drug. That can change you completely. Change how you feel.  Make you react impulsively in a good way. And that's another human being. Some people cross your path and just completely and unexpectedly change your whole path.