Chapter 9: Invitation

───── ⋆⋅🍨⋅⋆ ─────

We often like to think we know who our friends are. Friends are like family to us. They're the people we cry to when we need to. They are the ones we laugh with when we're happy. But we often don't know the difference between real friends and fake friends. We open ourselves to a lot of people who we believe are real friends. That the minute they let us down and leave we are left sad and broken. We really trusted them...

October ~

Laura, Margo, Meredith and I were in my room talking about random things. It was the beginning of October and we were getting ready for the football game at school. Things with Steve we're going good. We were good friends. We hung out here and there. And I might be crushing on him but I don't want to admit it. And I haven't even gotten the chance to tell Laura, Margo and Mer that I've hung out with him. The phone in my room rung. I walked over and I picked it up.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hey El, I was wondering if you'd want to go to the football game with me? Ya know as friends?" it was Steve. I smiled and pushed a strand of hair behind my ear.

Meredith came up behind me. "Who is it?" She asked. I put the phone away from my ear.

"It's the boy from the DX, Steve" I said quietly so only she could hear.

Margo and Laura came closer to me. "Is that the boy from the DX?" Laura asked. I didn't even get the chance to say anything because Margo had to open her mouth too.

"Ew is it the other one? Please tell me it's not the one with the messed up teeth" Margo said.

"MARGO!" I yelled as I pulled the phone away from my face. She stayed quiet. Both hers and Laura's eyes went wide, Meredith just shook her head in disbelief and sat on my bed. I sighed. "Steve can I call you in a minute?" I asked in embarrassment.

"Yeah, yeah of course" he said almost whispering and then hung up. I placed the phone in its spot and turned to Laura and Margo.

"What is your problem? Why do you guys say those things?" I asked them. Margo spoke up.

"What? We were just asking if it were the one with the ugly teeth because we all know he's not cute." Margo laughed and so did Laura. My eyes went wide. The audacity she has to talk about someone like this. I scoffed.

"How can you say that so calmly? There is so much more to a person than looks. Why can't you guys know that?" I said. Margo and Laura looked at me. They both scoffed and left. I stood there in disbelief. I turned to look at Meredith.

"So you like him?" She said.

"Mer, please don't start too. I'm sure Laura and Margo aren't gonna want to come by and I really don't want to loose you too." I said sitting down on my chair. She chucled.

"I find him cute. He's shy. Shy guys are adorable. And if you do like him, you guys would be cute together. Now call him back, accept his invite, and ask if he has a good looking single friend that is willing to go." She said smiling.

I chuckled and picked up the phone. I dialed the number to Steve's house. After a couple of rings, the other line picked up. "Hello?" It was Steve's soft voice. I smiled just hearing it. 

"Hey Steve. I accept your invite, just tell me what time your comming," I said smiling.

"Great! I'll pick you up around six-thirty," he said. I smiled.

"Oh, Meredith wants to come, is that okay?" I asked.

"That's completely fine yeah, do you want me to bring a friend?" He asked.

I smiled because he knew what I was gonna ask. "Yeah that would be good" I said. He agreed and hung up.

After a couple of minutes, we heard a car honking. Meredith and I rushed down the stairs.

"Daddy, Meredith and I will be back before eleven, Meredith will be sleeping over." I said.

"Okay well who is taking you?" He asked.

"Some friends for school. They're outside" I said. He nodded.

"Take care girls." He said. We nodded and rushed out. Steve was leaning on his car.

"Hey El," he said smiling. He hugged me and I pecked his cheek.

"Oh, Steve, Meredith, Meredith, Steve" I said introducing them. They greated eachother and we got in the car. I sat infront with Steve and Meredith sat in the back with Sodapop.

"Hey soda I thought you were dating Sandy?" I asked.

"That was before she slept with football captain, and she still broke up with me saying I did things wrong" He said.

"I'm sorry," Meredith said.

"It's okay, I've realized she wasn't the right one either way." He said. We pulled into the school and got out.

Real friends stay during the worst moments. Real friends are with you in the beginning and end of everything. Best friends are sisters from another mother. Best friends are the ones that always stay with you and will always celebrate with you and want to spend small moments with you. Keep those friends...

Elena's Outfit;

Meredith's Outfit:

Meredith's Outfit: