Chapter 12: It's Nothing

───── ⋆⋅🦋⋅⋆ ─────

Often times it's hard for us to forget about things, people, or situations that put us in a place of pain. We have a nature. A nature that puts us in a place of not thinking. People hurt us and we hit them with the silent treatment. We believe that if we don't let them talk to us or communicate, we won't feel pain. And often times that's a good solution. But other times it's not. Other times ignoring those people is what makes us hurt even more. Sometimes, pain and hate fades away as time goes on. And other times, pain is permanent. What ever it is, we learn to smile through it...

I heard the front door. I assumed it was Meredith. And I wasn't wrong because soon I heard her voice. "Hello Mrs. D'Angelo, is Elena in her room?"

"Hello Mer, yes, I can call her downstairs if you want?" She said.

"No that's fine, I'll just walk to her room if that's okay?" Mer asked.

"Go ahead sweetie," my mom said.

I heard footsteps approaching my room. Mer walked in and sat on my bed. I applied a coat of mascara on my lashes followed by red lipstick. I stood up and grabbed my bag. "So, how are you?" She said.

"I'm fine." I said as I smiled. I grabbed my math textbook and smiled at her.

"El, are you sure?" She asked. I looked at her and gave her a side hug as we walked out to the car.

"I'm okay Mer, really. I don't feel anything." I said. We got in the car and I pulled out.

"You can always talk to me okay?" She said. I nodded my head and smiled.

~

I sat in math class. And behind me was Steve. I noticed he occasionally looked at me, since I could feel his eyes on me. He didn't try saying anything and that honestly made me mad. He didn't even try to communicate. But it shouldn't bother me. Cause I wasn't gonna talk to him either way. I honestly felt sad. Sad because we would occasionally pass notes and talk. It's not fun anymore. He was my best friend. He was more of a best friend then Daniel has ever been. And now I feel like I'm slowly loosing Daniel too. He started dating Margo and don't get me wrong, I'm happy for him. But knowing Margo, despite her being my cousin, I know thy aren't gonna last.

As of Laura, I haven't talked to her in a long time. She hasn't talked to me in a long time. And if she's not showing intentions then neither will I. I just felt so done with everything. With finals coming up the first week back from winter break, I was not in the best mindset to study. Today was the last day of school before winter break and we were getting our practice test results back. The test was basically the final, except practice. The teacher went around the room passing tests. She stopped at Steve's desk and handed him his test. "Dammit." I heard him sigh.

The teacher handed me my test. "Good Job Elena, if you keep it up you'll be fine." She whisperd quiet enough for me to hear. I placed my test inside my bag and began packing up.

"Elena, Steve. Can I see both of you after class for a moment today?" She asked. I nodded.

Dammit.

God dammit.

Dammit. Dammit. Dammit.

The bell rung and I walked up to the teachers desk. Steve slung his backpack across his shoulder. And stood next to me. "Steve, I've evaluated your test results and I'm honestly very worried. This test is an exact replica of the math final. That is why I want to ask Elena to tutor you. She's a great teacher. Of course only if you two are okay with it." She said.

Dammit. I knew this is what it was about.

I looked at the teacher. "Yeah I'm okay with that, as long as he's okay." I said. Steve coughed.

"Yeah I'm okay with that." He said. The teacher nodded.

"Perfect. This is a list of the subjects you need to run over and Steve, use your test to see where you went wrong. Have a fun break guys." The teacher said.

I smiled and walked out of the room. Steve trailing behind me until we walked opposite directions. To continue our day.

~

"So you have to tutor him now?" Meredith said.

"Mhm." I mumbled as we got to my room. I got under the covers and layed down. My parents were out for winter break. They decided to spend winter break in Italy with our family, and I couldn't go since I wanted to study. Leo decided to stay too but he wasn't home right now. Mer decided to stay the night. Mer climbed in bed too and she hugged me.

"You need a cry." She said.

"No I don't..." I said as I pushed a strand of hair behind my ear. "How are you and Soda?" I asked.
Changing the topic.

"Well, I don't know. He might ask me out soon." She said. I smiled.

"I'm so happy for you." I said. She looked at me.

"You need a good cry." She said.

"Yeah I do." I said as I began to feel tears falling out my eyes.

The truth is, things happen for a reason. There is a way things happen and go on. It's a path that is meant to be. Things happen for a reason. Which is what we hear everyday. But it's true. Things might go wrong in the beginning or in the middle or in the end of things. But that's just how things work. N the long run things end up working out. Or they don't. It depends. But whatever it is. Things happen for a reason...