January 13

Emily's PoV:

Emily's PoV:

Life is definitely not a fairy tale. No wish granting witches, no magic, no elves, no Santa, no reindeers, nothing. It's purely a nerve-wracking horror story.

I felt it the moment Nick hit the ground by the end of the match.

I saw it happen. I saw it all.

But where?

In my frigging dream!!

Who in the world would believe my bogus? Not even my crazy psychologist!

Till then I believed it was nothing to be worried about. I convinced myself it was just an extended version of deja vu. But that damn accident at the match proved me wrong.

It was a foresight.

I knew I could be mentally ill at times but my range of illness involved short temper, tantrums, smashing, tears, fatigue and all the teenage drama sort of symptoms.

Premonitions were way out of my range.

I started throwing rocks at the lake from the bank. Some kind of guilt held me back from visiting Nick at the hospital.

Correction

I should've stayed by his side when he was in pain. A peculiar conviction resounded an inner voice that my re-entry in Nick's life was the cause of all the pain he went through.

Maybe I should stay away, for my Nick to live peacefully.

Will he be really happy without me?

Maybe...

Maybe not...

Still I was sure Nick would atleast be out of danger without me.

That was totally selfish Emily! Nick had been waiting for twelve years just for you!

Nick would happily be there for me despite all the danger he would be facing, but that doesn't mean I could let him go through shit.

I must leave. At once.

I vigorously flung stones at the clear water of the lake. It was a therapy my brother taught when we visited Colorado Springs for the first time. I had to shift from home for mental improvement. Home was overwhelmed with memories that my mind wasn't ready to ingest.

My brother Harry brought me to Colorado Springs. We visited the Quail lake on a fine summer evening. He tossed a stone in the still water and said,

"The stones that ripple still water are similar to the thoughts that intrude the peace of mind. You needn't do anything. It will get back to it's original state as time passes"

Departing his words of wisdom, he left me alone to serve in the army. Technically he didn't leave me alone. Harry got me a job at All American Sports and acquainted me with Jasmine, since she was the girlfriend of his co-cadet. I was at level zero in making friends. If not for Harry I would've had no means of support in this new city.