Chapter 13 - "...Goodbye...?" -

"A massive cleanup continues today at the headquarters of Krei Tech Industries," The voice on the television wasn't too loud, but not many people were watching it anyways, so it didn't really matter, "Reports are still flooding in about a group of unidentifiable individuals who prevented what could have been a major catastrophe. The whole city of San Fransokyo is asking who are these heroes and where are they now?"

Hiro was finally finished getting ready for school and met his group of friends downstairs in the Lucky Cat Café.

"Ready for college, freshman?" Kira joked, nudging him in the arm. ((A/N: Kira's a sophomore. She was accepted into SFIT when she was just about to turn 13, so she is in her second year at SFIT))

"Ha ha, very funny, Rose Petal," Hiro replied, chuckling slightly at her nickname.

"That was the point."

They all laughed at their slight arguing.

"Lovebirds~" Honey said happily, watching their faces turn crimson.

"WE ARENT LOVEBIRDS!!" The pair shouted.

"Suuuure~"

They started walking out when Cass stopped Hiro.

"Hey Sweetie," she greeted, smiling,

"Hey, Aunt Cass," He replied before giving her a hug. After their hug, she handed him a bag, and he was about to leave when he gave her another quick hug.

"Last hug," He said, smiling, then let go, "Bye!"

He ran out the door and caught up with his group of friends. Together, they all started walking towards SFIT, with Fred making the dumbest jokes, Hiro commenting on them, and GoGo shoving him in the shoulder "playfully" for him being an idiot. This went on for a bit until Kira shoved Hiro with a grin on her face.

"Race you to school, Hamada!!" She laughed as she took off running.

"Wha- Hey!! You took a head start!!" Hiro chased after her, both trying to get to the campus first.

"They're totally in love," Honey commented as they watched the pair run.

"Both are just too dense to realize it," Wasabi agreed, chuckling.

"Or they're both afraid the other doesn't feel the same," GoGo replied, popping her gum. Everyone stopped and stared at her, "What? I may be a tomboy but I still know when people look like they love each other."

Kira fell onto the grass, laughing as Hiro panted for breath beside her.

"Nice one, Hiro," She laughed,

"You... Got a head start," He panted, smiling.

It had only been about 2 weeks since they had fought Callaghan, saved San Fransokyo, and since Kira's parents had disappeared once again, but seeing as how they revealed they had killed her sister, it was so nice to hear her laughing and smiling and it all being sincere. She didn't fake anything, and she now trusted everyone in their group. Hiro felt his cheeks heat up slightly, but he shrugged it off and stood up.

"I totally beat you, Hamada."

"Fine, you beat me."

He held out a hand to help her up. Grinning, she took it and he helped her to stand right as the group caught up with them.

"Are you sure you don't need help moving stuff into your lab?" Fred asked,

"Nah, I can load everything in there by myself," Hiro replied as they walked into SFIT, "Well, I'll see you guys when I'm all done!"