~ T H I R T Y ~

It didn't take long for Sophie's amazing deductive skills to work our who had seen her and Fitz kissing

Because there was only one other person at Havenfield that day.

Namely, Keefe.

Sophie found him not long after, under the Panakes tree. He was staring at Verdi, who was sleeping soundly in her pen. He wouldn't meet Sophie's eyes.

"Sooooo...," Sophie said in an attempt to make conversation (why was SHE always stuck with this job?). "What's up?"

Keefe made no attempt to answer, however, and Sophie simply just stood there, feeling more awkward by the minute.

She finally worked up the courage to ask, "You okay?"

Keefe frowned. "Yeah, Sophie. Why wouldn't I be?"

Sophie.

Not Foster.

Something was definitely wrong.

"You're sure?" she pressed, moving closer towards him. Keefe flinched and took a step back. Sophie tried not to feel offended.

"I said I'm fine," Keefe said sharply, causing Sophie to jump in surprise.

Sophie's temper rose quickly. "Oh, sorry. I just cared enough about you to ask, but looks like that's not allowed here either." she shot back. "I didn't mean for this to turn into another stupid fight."

"Yeah? Well neither did I. Just drop it."

"Could you at least try telling me what's wrong?"

"It doesn't matter. It won't change anything." he said, turning away from her.

Sophie moved so that she was in front of him again. He wasn't getting off that easily. "Oh really? It looks to me like you're jealous."

Wrong words, Sophie.

Keefe's eyes flashed with anger, and Sophie suddenly remembered just how strong the elf standing before her was.

Just how unpredictable.

Just how powerful.

"Is that really what you think?"

Sophie's silence said enough.

Keefe laughed harshly, no humor in his tone. "You're wrong. That's not even close to what I was mad about."

He pushed past her, and left Sophie standing in the shade of the Panakes tree.

And feeling more confused than ever.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

another 3 am chapter :)

i really need sleep

ily guys <3

- riya

Chapter written 5/24/20 (and at 3 am)

oh yes, and if nav thinks she can take back the throne she CANNOT FOR MY REIGN WILL BE ENDLESS HAHAHAHAHAHAH