Chapter 17

I walk back home a few hours later and finally turn on my phone when I'm in front of the building.

10 missed calls from Nathan.

Nothing from Lucas

I don't know how to feel now. Yes, I have the choice to choose Lucas but I'm still with Nathan.

My mind goes back to everything that happened in the past month or so. The grape war with Lucas. The soda mistake with Nathan.

I begin to chuckle at myself from the memories. They were all amazing with each guy.

I even told Lucas that I liked him that one day when we were searching for Riley. But Nathan was my first kiss and my first boyfriend.

I finally walk into the building and in the lobby I see Lucas.

Why is he here? Was he here this whole time?? Was he waiting for me??

My mind is basically spinning while I try to think everything through.

"Maya I just want to talk to you. Can you let me up to your house? Please we just need to talk." Lucas is standing in front of me and at this point I should just relax and not care.

"Sure. Come on." I say, heading for the elevator and clicking on the 8 button.

----------

I put my jacket on my bed and Lucas takes a seat on it. "So what do you want?" I spat out.

Lucas folds his hands together. "Well I don't want to be just friends Maya."

I roll my eyes. "I know that Bucky McBoingBoing"

Lucas chuckles. "I haven't heard that name in a while."

I give a little laugh too as I look out my window. I remember that one night when we were kids. Riley allowed me to notice how beautiful of a sight it is. Realizing something, I sit next to Lucas.

"A lot has changed for all of us." I lay my head on Lucas's chest. The loving feeling from that day at the park comes back and fills me.

My mind starts relaxing but then I have to think about Nathan. There's always something holding me back and it's always him. I get up and start pacing around the room.

Lucas gets up and grabs me around my waist. He begins to lean in.

"Lucas we really shouldn't." I say, backing up and knocking something over.

"But Maya, I want to." Lucas takes my hands and pulls me close.

I push him away. "But Riley, what about Riley? And Nathan? I have boyfriend remember?"

He hugs me. "Riley and Nathan can't come between us."

I hug him back. His scent is so amazing. I get butterflies in my stomach and I never want to let go.

But I have to. And I did.

"No. No Lucas. I can't hurt the people who matter most to me." I grab my bag and head for the door.

But not before Lucas comes up from behind me, turns me around, and kisses me. His lips are soft and I'm so at ease. There's nothing but us in the world at this moment. His lips are locked to mine and I feel that "we", are suppose to happen.

We stop and stare at each other deep in the eyes for a moment before I hug him.

"Maya don't leave me."

"I won't."