Chapter 8

Abir and Mishti searched for Nishant everywhere but they couldn't find him. 

Mishti : Abir, Kuhu had gone behind Nishant. Maybe usse pata ho Nishant kaha hai. 

Abir : Yes, maybe. Let's go to the canteen.

They headed towards the canteen. 

In the canteen

Abir and Mishti reached the table where everyone was seated previously. 

Mishti : Kuhu, Nishant kaha hai? 

Kuhu : Pata nahi Mishti. I tried to find him. I checked the jam room, auditorium, every place he might have been in. Lekin woh mujhe kahi nahi mila. Pata nahi kaha chala gaya yeh. 

Abir : Shitt.. What have I done? 

He shut his eyes in self-disgust. He rubbed his hand on his face. Suddenly, a thought struck him. 

Abir : I think I know where he might be. 

Abir was about to leave when Mishti held his hand. He turned to look at her.

Mishti : Mei bhi saath chalti hu. 

Abir : No Mishti. I'll handle it. Tum yaha ruko and please jyada stress mat lo. Also, Dr. Arohi has told you to rest. (Looking towards Kuhu) Kuhu, tu please Mishti ka dhyaan rakhna. Don't let her go anywhere.

Kuhu nodded. He turned back towards Mishti and cupped her cheeks.

Abir : I'll make it alright. I promise. 

Mishti nodded.

Mishti : Please don't lose your cool this time. 

Abir : I won't.

He reassured her and left from the canteen. 

Atul : I hope inn dono ke beech sab thik ho jaaye. 

Mishti : Don't worry Atul. Abir ne bola hai naa, toh he'll make everything alright. 

Outside the college building

A plethora of memories flashed through Abir's mind on his way to the place where he thought Nishant might be. When he reached the backside of the college building, he found Nishant sitting there on the lone bench with his back facing towards him, looking at the lush green trees ahead. This was the place where Nishant went when he wanted to be away from the world and alone with his thoughts. Abir knew this place because Nishant took him there when Abir was struggling with his feelings after his breakup with Mishti and couldn't talk to anyone about it, unbeknownst to the fact that Nishant had sensed his torment. Nishant had told Abir that this place helped him gather his thoughts and make the right decisions. ‘It provides me with some unknown kind of peace’, Nishant had said. Abir remembered. He smiled at the memory. He walked towards Nishant. When Abir was behind him, he called out.

Abir : Nishant..

Nishant had heard some footsteps but he didn't think it would be Abir. On hearing his voice, Nishant wiped off the few teardrops that had fallen from his eyes. He sure was angry with Abir for talking nonsense but more than angry, he was hurt. Hurt that his childhood friend would think and say something like what Abir had said. Had those words come from anyone else, Nishant wouldn't have cared. But coming from Abir, those words pierced his heart. 

Nishant : Abir tu kyu aaya hai yaha? Chala jaa yaha se. Mujhe tujhse koi baat nahi karni hai.

Abir came and stood in front of Nishant. 

Abir : Nishant ek baar meri baat toh sun le. Please. Please Nishant! Ek baar. 

Nishant : Abir please meri aakhon ke saamne se chala jaa. I don't want to talk to you or see your face. Just leave me alone and go. Aur vaise bhi bolne ke liye bacha hi kya hai? Sab kuch toh bol diya hai tune. Ab aur kya bolna chahta hai? Ab private mei meri aur insult karni hai kya?