DRUNKEN CHAOS ❀ DAISUKE X HARU

[ slight mature/slight fluff — daisuke x haru]

The man with the perfectly tailored suit sat inside of his slick sports vehicle beside the brunette as they peered out of the windows in hopes of catching a suspect around midnight. It was a surprise to the wealthy man that for once his coworker finally came to a compromise and agreed to go along in his car rather than the old Toyota that he drove around since the start of his job at the division. Tired, the blue-eyed man shifted his eyes to his right, catching a figure in the dark nearby the entrance of the bar.

Daisuke focused on the male figure as the supposed suspect exchanged a thick package with a woman in a white, cocktail dress. The detective tried to make out the words coming out of their mouths, but much to his dismay— the darkness of the night sky made it hard to view the way their lips moved. Haru, on the other hand, steadily looked out of the left window, gazing at several women and men outside of the building with a cigarette in hand. Scrunching his nose in disapproval, the brunette glanced over at his work partner. "Do you have a cigarette on you?"

The wealthy man whipped his head in the direction of his coworker, quite startled by the sudden interruption of his train of thought. Daisuke ran a hand through his face, sighing. "I think I've got a pack somewhere in there," he said, pointing at the side of the door. "I didn't know you smoked."

Haru shrugged, taking a single cigarette and the lighter from the side Daisuke had directed. "Not that it matters to you, but I really don't," the brunette clarified, getting out of the vehicle. Before slamming the door, he took one last look at the man in the driver side with a cautious expression. "Sometimes, you have to do what you need to in order to suffice the case."

The brunette shut the door after hopping off, walking towards the suspicious group of men and women from earlier that he had kept a close eye on til now. Shaking his head, Daisuke returned his attention to the woman and the mysterious figure. He caught a glimpse of the petite girl chuckling before heading off into the bar again with the man, who now appeared to have blond hair and a serious trance behind his every step.

We've definitely got to follow him, he thought in silence.

Daisuke swerved the wheel of his sports car in the direction of the brunette, who seemed to be hitting off with the group of people with his awkward aura. Honking, the brunette's eyes widened upon seeing Daisuke pull his window down, ordering him to get into the backseat. "We've got to go. Now. This isn't time to have fun, Katou."

Embarrassed, Haru excused himself from the men and women, bidding them a good night before sliding into the back. The wealthy man stepped on the accelerator before zooming into a parking garage. Confused, the brunette got out of the vehicle alongside his coworker, turning the lit cigarette off. "What's this all about? You better have a good reason, Kambe," the brunette bursted, waving his hands in the air.

"I found the suspect," Daisuke replied, refusing to meet his work partner in the eye. With both hands in his pocket, he walked down the staircase of the garage. Haru followed after the wealthy man, quite annoyed behind the scheme he had in his head. It was bad enough that he had no idea what Daisuke truly meant— let alone what he had in mind right now. In silence, the duo entered the full bar. "Before you start yapping your mouth, I caught a suspicious act going on with these two people inside of this bar."

"How do you even know all of this?"

Loosening the navy tie around his dress shirt, Daisuke held two fingers up in the air to catch the attention of the bartender. With a smirk on his face, he looked at the array of drinks on the menu before coming down to decision. "I'll have four shots of the strongest vodkas you have to start the night off," he directed, motioning Haru to sit beside him in a stool. Haru complied, pulling his phone from his jacket.