Chapter Three

Winter.

I've been in self slumber for quite sometime now...
I woke by the feel and the smell of my soulmate. What will I be faced with this time? ,The last time was a military male human... I wonder if I'll be able to trick my soulmate this time around?.
I yawn and stretch before I walk out this cave I've claimed.

The walk was short,as I only need to feel where my soulmate is and I'll automatically appear there.

It was a female human now...so,she's just going to lay there,I laid down watching her,she laid there for quiet sometime,before she jolted on her feet and spun around,I hear a gasp and she stands still...looking at those killer tulips.

I stand and walk towards her,she turns to look at me,I can smell the fear that follows a gasp.

After a long silents,I get the usual intro done and we're walking to the usual rock...same thing different body.

After she was done crying,she speaks and asks about her past lives. The usual.

"You've lived many different lives...mostly human."
A look of confusion spreads on her face. I wait before speaking again.
"The last time you came here,you were a male human...before that you were a female then an other female and male again, I can't recall how many lives you've lived,but,each time you die. I am here to meet you...and I take you to the gates."
Still...she stays silent,so I continued.
"Once you pass the gates,your born again into the human world. Once you do,you loose all memory of this place,and you die again and this cycle continues." My tail flicks side to side,and my ears twitch...trying to hear if there's anything coming,but we're still in the green.
"Are-are you...my guardian angel?"
She asks,I feel some amusement at what she said,yet insulted at the same time..
She looks at me waiting for me to answer.
"Not exactly...I'm your soulmate. I come to you only in this world,my purpose is to guide you to the gate unharmed"

Rose

"My ...Soulmate?, aren't you supposed to be on earth with me? So we can find each other?" I asked,I felt weird saying that,Winter's ears twitch and he turns
"No,I come to you only in this world." Winter repeats what he said earlier and begins to walk,I found myself walking behind him.
Mixed emotions and so many questions popped in my head.  So,I asked some of my questions and Winter answered them.
Apparently,all souls have a soulmate...some that don't have a soul mate, still come here and have to find their way to the gates themselves... most die here and are sent to another place where they are pared off,but that rarely happens.
And if one soul takes pity on the lone soul and help's guide it to the gates - that lone soul automatically becomes part of the Soulmate thingy... basically meaning that it turns into something like a love triangle.

Our walk-or our journey it feels like, has felt like it's never going to end. So many different breathtaking scenery's we passed.  I've learned that Winter isn't the only being here...We've met up with weird looking creatures...
one particularly,tried to kill me-it looked like something you'd see in a nightmare or horror movie...a reeking smell came out of nowhere and in the shadows I saw it...So many maggots crawling on an overly skinny body with a humans face mixed with dark glowing corpse eyes and abnormal looking razor canine's,saliva dripping from the side of its mouth as a sickening screech passed through its lips.
I couldn't move but I felt my heart drop along with the colour leaving my face,as it lunged at me,I screamed...Winter saved me,but I don't think I'll recover from that experience.
Winter then told me,that there's more - if not worse looking creatures then that one.

As we neared a hill,Winter stops and looks at me.
"Over this hill,are the gates...as your well aware,I'll be here on your next return.." Winter's tail flicks to the side.
"What form should I take?,what would you like to be greeted by?...a human?,a different animal?...insect perhaps?"
I looked at Winter-somewhat dumbfounded, It felt odd to tell him what to be, so, I cleared my throat,walked up to Winter and cupped his tiger cheek in my hand...his fur is so soft and fluffy.
"You can be whatever -or whoever you want to be Winter, The choice is yours" I said- something glints in his eyes ,but it's gone before I can guess what it was.

Winter nods and backs up- His tiger body turns translucent- then bumpy,like fog or smoke and it began to take shape... a human shape.
There was once a tiger before me,now there's a guy...his hair was short and messy- the colour of orange ginger - his skin looked flawless with a light tan and he had strong yet soft features, he was somewhat muscular yet normal - and when he opened his eyelids, he had the same ice colour to them... and just then, Winter Grins.

"Finally!" Winter yells his fists in the air,
"Hands!" Touches his lags
"Legs!,And everything else! Thanks love!" Winter exclaimed coming up to me and grabs my face then kisses me.
It was a soft yet hard kiss - a kiss you'd give to your lover when you're happy and mad at them - I'm assuming that's what it would feel like..

I shoved Winter from me and I felt confused,surprised and embarrassed,I know that my face is red now, I haven't even kissed anyone before.
"W-what was that for!?" I semi-yelled
Winter points at me.
"You,my love, Are going to regret letting me be ME!" He also semi-yells with a grin still plastered on his face.

This Winter,is not nothing like the tiger Winter...not the slightest bit. The tiger Winter was calm,patient,and somewhat majestic... This Winter not only looks-but sounds reckless,stubborn and cocky if not mischievous.

"W-who are you?" I asked, Winter grins some more.
"Well,my love, I am your soulmate, and I come to you - only in this world and my name is Winter,what's yours?" He answers and ask's a question.
"Rose.." I answer starting to feel like my stomach is about to drop
"Well,my love, change of planes"
"What?"
Winter snaps his fingers and a weird round gust of smoke appears beside him.

He grabs my hand and jumps into the round thing - and I scream as a feeling of falling takes over.
Winter laughs still holding my hand
"Get ready love!,your gunna learn to fly!"
I quickly look at Winter and he lets my hand go slowly as he speaks.
"And remember!, if you die here that's it!"

Hope you all liked this chapter! I'll write more when I've the time! Till then, y'all have a decent day.