Prologue

"If there anything has ever happened good to me, then it's you Jungkook

"If there anything has ever happened good to me, then it's you Jungkook. You being the driver, I being your one weird passenger. And in between, it was the vague destiny."

- Park-Wren-Ji

________________🍃_______________

The rain is bucketing down so heavily, doesn't seem to be letting up before the night. Though it's middle of June but the thick drumbeats on the rooftop of my car showing no sign to slow down a bit. The windshield wiper blades are super active in clacking back and forth in the interim while the headlights being the great allies along my driving vision on the wet highway.

Accompanying this downpour weather, the picture inside my car is no less than any worst stormy downfall like the dark, heavy rainfalls outside. Wren is sitting in the seat right next to me, leaning her head against the window, saying no words or even moving a bit since the morning. All the back to back tragedies have left her all numb, what else would I expect?

I don't even know where she is even looking into or what certainly going on in her mind right now. I sigh, certain about one thing that not even her favorite Kodaline's one party song can brighten up this dense air or perk up her numb state as it usually could. And damn, I can't do anything about it and this freaking inability piercing me through!

"Funny, isn't it?" She speaks up. Her voice is still hoarse from the amount of tears she shedded last night.

"When I was so impatient to get to the end, this road seemed too long to end. Now when I've got all the answers of my questions, this road is getting shorter and shorter by the second, ending too fast." Those last words bitterly fade out at the edge of her shaky tone.

She looks down and my grip around the steering wheel automatically tightens as I sense her thumb gliding against the cold surface of the metal that shrouded her ring finger so delicately. I try to keep my eyes cemented upon the wet road as much as I could with a pursed lips, letting not my selfish pain hover over me and screech away that ring off of her finger. But heck! All I'm feeling is so miserable right now, pathetically unable to do anything for her losses.

"And I'm afraid." She whispers.

I hastily avert my gaze from the road. "Of what?" I ask anxiously.

She sighs, casting a sidelong heart-rending glance at me. "Losing you?"

A shard of pain stabs me through right away, it's like a sword as soon as I heard her saying it. She's done crying and the tears have left her ebony eyes swollen, leaving the stain of loss over her parched up cheeks and it's tearing me apart to the soul. My heart seizes to the constant ache and the melancholic flower of love that breathing in her face while the dripping glass dangerously shuddering behind her by the howling wind as if there's a big storm approaching.

I keep staring at her, completely unknown about the time being or anything that flying or pouring down everything surround me. As I watch, I see soon her downcast visage cascading into terror in a painfully slow motion. I couldn't grasp on what's exactly happening as I see her pupils dilated in utter fear until a tragic shrill pierce through me. "JUNGKOOK, WATCH IT!"

 "JUNGKOOK, WATCH IT!"

🍃

A/N
Hey lovelies! How are you all doing? Hope everything is going good with you. So here this is the new JK ff which was in my mind for a quite long time. Since I finally got the time to publish it so I hope for your divine enjoyment✨
Stay safe and healthy
Love you
❤️❤️❤️✨