𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓵𝓮𝓪𝓴𝔂 𝓬𝓾𝓪𝓵𝓭𝓻𝓸𝓷

𝓃𝑜-𝑜𝓃𝑒'𝓈 𝓅.𝑜.𝓋

Harry woke on the last day of the holidays, thinking that he would at least meet Ron, Stella and Hermione tomorrow, on the Hogwarts Express. He got up, dressed, went for a last look at the firebolt, and was just wondering where he'd have lunch, when someone yelled his name and he turned. 

 "Harry! HARRY!"

 They were there, both of them, sitting outside Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlor — Ron looking incredibly freckly, Hermione very brown, both waving frantically at him. "Finally!" said Ron, grinning at Harry as he sat down.

 "We went to the Leaky Cauldron, but they said you'd left, and we went to Flourish and Blotts, and Madam Malkin's, and —" "I got all my school stuff last week," Harry explained. "And how come you knew I'm staying at the Leaky Cauldron?"

 "Dad," said Ron simply. 

 Mr Weasley, who worked at the Ministry of Magic, would, of course, have heard the whole story of what had happened to Aunt Marge. 

 "Did you really blow up your aunt, Harry?" said Hermione in a very serious voice.

 "I didn't mean to," said Harry, while Ron roared with laughter. "I just — lost control." 

 "It's not funny, Ron," said Hermione sharply. "Honestly, I'm amazed Harry wasn't expelled."

 "So am I," admitted Harry. "Forget expelled, I thought I was going to be arrested." He looked at Ron. "Your dad doesn't know why Fudge let me off, does he?"

 "Probably 'cause it's you, isn't it?" shrugged Ron, still chuckling. "Famous Harry Potter and all that. I'd hate to see what the Ministry'd do to me if I blew up an aunt. Mind you, they'd have to dig me up first, because Mum would've killed me. Anyway, you can ask Dad yourself this evening. We're staying at the Leaky Cauldron tonight too! So you can come to King's Cross with us tomorrow! Hermione's there as well!" Hermione nodded, beaming. "Mum and Dad dropped me and Stella off this morning with all our Hogwartsthings, and Stella's gone to sleep." 

Stella Granger

It was quite obvious that Harry was in love with her. But most boys at Hogwarts were and to be honest, you would have had to be blind if you weren't.

Maybe it was the way she smiled or her laugh that incised people in, who would ever know. 

And you would have had to stare at Hermione and Stella side-by-side to see how they were sisters.

"Excellent!" said Harry happily. "So, have you got all your new books and stuff?" 

 "Look at this," said Ron, pulling a long thin box out of a bag and opening it. "Brand-new wand.Fourteen inches, willow, containing one unicorn tail-hair. And we've got all our books —"

 He pointed at a large bag under his chair. "What about those Monster Books, eh? The assistant nearly cried when we said we wanted three."

 "What's all that, Hermione?" Harry asked, pointing at not one but six bulging bags in the chair next to her. "Well, me and Stella taking more new subjects than you, aren't we," said Hermione. 

"Those are our books for Arithmancy, Care of Magical Creatures, Divination, The Study of Ancient Runes, MuggleStudies —" 

 "What are you doing Muggle Studies for?" said Ron, rolling his eyes at Harry. "You'reMuggleborn! Your mum and dad are Muggles! You already know all about Muggles!"