• twenty five •

Y/n's POV:

Two weeks later.

I shut the door behind Harley, pinning her up against the back of it and connected our lips in a feverish kiss. We had been sneaking around for the last two weeks, even getting risky and sharing kisses in the bar when we could.

She'd sneak out of the place her and Joker lived to come here. We'd savor each other's company, doing as much as we could. Some nights we wouldn't even go to sleep, not wanting to waste a second to fix things and get back to being us.

Harley threaded her fingers in my hair as I deepened the kiss, feeling her body jump up so she could wrap her legs around my waist.

"Would you still love me if I killed Joker?" I panted heavily, ghosting my lips over hers.

"Of course I would." She mumbled against my lips, her nails scratching down the back of my neck, "But he's really powerful, pumpkin. Do you even have a plan?"

"Light him on fire." I chuckled.

Harley captured her bottom lip between her teeth, "I don't know pumpkin. He survived a helicopter blowing up and I just don't want to lose you."

I shook my head, "I still got so much more stuff to do with you, I'm not gonna die on you. That'd be a dick move. I want to live my life with you Harley, and we can't do that if you're with him."

"It's what's best for both of us. You're safe and I'll do whatever I can to keep you safe."

"By having to sneak around? Every time you're away from me my anxiety spikes. I'm on edge all day until you're here in my arms. I hate when we can only spend a few hours together before you have to leave and I don't know if you'll come back." I explained emotionally, stroking my thumb over her cheek, "And even if I did die killing that asshole, at least I know you'd be safe from him."

"I don't want to think about losing you. We're supposed to fuck up the streets of Gotham."

I hummed, dropping my head down into the crook of her neck to place kisses on her flesh.

"I wish I could mark you, then everyone would know you're mine again."

"I've never not been yours." Harley purred lowly before biting down on my bottom lip, "Make love to me, y/n."

I smiled softly, pecking her nose before capturing her lips in a sweet kiss.

[...]

"You have a big ass hickey on the side of your neck so I take it things went well." Sasha teased from behind her beer.

I offered a dopey smile, "Yeah.. just sucks we have to sneak around."

Sasha hummed and I clenched my jaw, looking up to the VIP area but not seeing Joker or Harley. They were just there a second ago-

"Joker requests your presence outside." One of his clown mask wearing goons pressed the barrel of his pistol against my back. Sasha reached for her own gun but I subtly shook my head.

"and if I refuse?" I husked.

"It's not up for debate." He snarled, pushing me out of the chair. I caught myself before I could face plant the ground, pushing myself off and dusting my olive green bomber jacket off.

"Alright. Take me to the circus." I rolled my eyes, being shoved in the middle of the two beefy guys. The one behind me kept a tight grip on my bicep while he held his pistol to my lower back.

I glanced over at Sasha and dropped my hand down, holding up three fingers. She nodded and pulled out her phone to call the gang. I was then shoved through the back alleyway door forcefully, throwing a glare over my shoulder at the goons.