Chapter 32

Erik woke up in a very good mood. After last night confession to Morgana and how she easily accepted his dark past, he felt a weight off his shoulder. She was indeed an intriguing woman who he couldn't wait to unsolved more of the mystery around her.

She was simply... too kind and caring. Erik wouldn't believe such a person existed unless meeting that person face to face and he still would have his suspicions but not anymore. That woman was living proof that angels did exist.

As he fixed his mask in front of the broken mirror, Daroga entered and didn't fail to notice his good mood.

"Good morning Nadir," he said as he made sure that his mask was placed properly on his face and that it was stable.

"Good morning Erik. I see you are in a scary good mood today. May I ask why?"

"Morgana visited yesterday"

"Oh and I presume she asked about Persia?" Erik gave a nod of his head as he turned to look at him. "And by not seeing anything broken and you slamming your fists on the organ I suppose she took it well"

"More than well. She even called me a fool for worrying and not wanting to tell her. She also asked me to teach her my tricks"

"That sounds sweet"

"In both magic and assassination"

"I take that back," Nadir said and Erik chuckled.

"I refused of course but I might teach her small illusion tricks. However, I was surprised by how well she took it... this woman just... I cannot understand her sometimes no matter how hard I try"

"I understand how you feel. Despite getting to know her, there is still so much mystery around her. One thing she does is holding back a lot when it comes to her past and I do wonder if that is connected to how she acts"

"You think that something happened that caused her to be so... kind?" Erik said, unsure if the word 'kind' was exactly what suited at this conversation.

"Maybe. I am just presuming. However, I will keep an eye on her and you as well"

At that Erik rolled his eyes and his mind went at the night he found out about Keegan's marks. It would explain why she was so kind with his mask and so patient but there were still so many questions hanging on the air about her.

"I understand on me but I doubt you need to keep an eye on her. If you need a new hobby, try something"

"I do have my hobbies, thank you very much but this is not what I mean Erik. You two in general, now that you have this secret relationship need to be kept under constant observation. Plus, I do want to make sure that everything is alright"

"Alright? What do you mean?" Erik asked as he stopped on his tracks and locked eyes with his friend.

Why not be alright? Morgana had a dreamy career and friends that surrounded her. Her brothers that loved her so much and him who loved her even more.

"On our way back from the dinner, we bumped on Populaire's patron, not a pleasant guy I assure you"

================================================

At the mentioned of him, Erik's eyes turned cold and his jaw tightened; something Nadir knew he was doing when he was extremely angry. Angry to the point he would murder. It was the same face he had when he killed those people back then.

"What. Did. He Do?" he asked as he took slow steps towards the Persian.

Morgana had told him the story about how Lucas suspected Erik being alive and how he had insulted him; hence the slap and also that Erik had witnessed everything but apparently she never told him about the count's offers.