Chapter Fifty Eight

Tw/ mention of r*pe and abuse

(The next day)

Oscars pov

"T-thankyou for letting m-me stay. Im j-just not ready t-to meet her p-properly." I smile as amy hugs me.

"Listen, this house is your home. If one day i came home from work and you was just sitting in the livingroom eating our food and said you're moving in, i wouldnt mind. Honey, you helped my son get out of a dark place. After his sister passed, I thought i lost my son. You brought him back. You're part of the family now." I smile softly and squeeze her tightly.

"T-thankyou."

She laughs before pulling away. "Now, eat you're breakfast before luke eats it."

I smile and look over at the half asleep boy whose staring at my breakfast. I sit down opposite him. "You literally h-have the same meal ri-right there." He pouts and rubs his eyes.

"Yeah but yours looks better." I smile and swap our plates.

He then looks down at his food and back to my plate. "Now that one looks better." I giggle.

"Just eat the food luke, leave the boy alone." He groans at his dad before beginning to eat.

"So are you ok angel?" I nod slowly.

"Its just... i dont w-want to meet h-her. She could h-have saved me l-luke. But she didnt. I  l-liked not kn-knowing her. She d-didnt save me t-then. I dont w-want to meet h-her now. Plus w-what if sh-shes like him. Wh-when i t-tried telling her i wa-was upset sh-she didnt come f-for m-me, she just k-kept saying she went th-through worse w-with him."

"Which she clearly didnt." I nod.

"I can for-forgive her if i d-dont know her. I could sp-spend the rest of my l-life thinking she f-feels guilty but k-knowing she doesn't h-hurts." I sigh.

This is a mess.

I feel a pat on my back from amy. "If she tries anything i'll meet her on the car park and kick her ass." I laugh at amy.

"Mom since when do you go around beating random women up." She walks behind me and wraps her arm around my shoulder.

"Says the one who has a fight every other week with some guy named peter." Luke glares at him mom, gaining a laugh from me and jake.

"S-she's not wr-wrong."

~~~

1 week later

Lizzies pov

Oscar hasnt talked to me in a week.

He said he doesn't want to meet her because he doesn't want to ruin the memory he already has of her. He thinks for some reason Maria is going to end up like oliver.

But she isnt, I know it. Shes so sweet and kind. After she left oliver she actually became religious and now works at a church a few states over.

She seems genuine and just wants to get to know him.

I grab the tray with the two drinks on and take them over to the livingroom.

"So, i have to ask, what happened to oscar? He metioned a bit... but it all doesn't make sense to me." I sigh and pass a coffee cup to lucy before sitting on the couch.

"Well, it all started after you left. Oliver went crazy, he started taking drugs and alcohol and honestly wasnt sober for the next 10 years. He blamed oscar. He hurt him with words at first, but then he got physical. He one day dropped oscar off at a foster home, and i was still in college so I couldn't do anything and my mom and dad are in a different state and couldn't get down here for another few days. I just remember the call i got from him so upset. But before my mom and dad got here, oliver took him back. He realised the money he got from oscar was great. Olivers violence got worse and worse with oliver until one day he heard him on the phone to one of his friends telling a secret. Once he heard it its like his world crumbled. That caused oliver to snap."