Chapter 3: First Kill

"Fuck this is creepy." I hear Chase says as him and Nikia started to look through Elsa's room, Chase finished reading one of Elsa's letters, and he was thinking the same thing I was thinking when I read them. "Chase." Nikia says as Chase looked over at her, she nods her head towards Elsa and I. Elsa was hugging herself, she was uncomfortable and scared as she looks down at ground. "Could you not?" She finished making Chase clear his throat, "I'm sorry ma'am." Elsa looked up, like she finally notice she was with other people. She gave a small smile but I know she was still a little out of it. "Are we done here?" I ask as Nikia stood up and nod, "Yeah, I dusted the whole room, I'll run these fingerprints through the lab, but I'm pretty sure they are only Elsa's."

"And we'll run more test on the letters too, there has to be something." Chase adds. "Good, Elsa and I are going to talk to the Isles, see if they noticed anything." I say turning to Elsa. "Have you heard back form either of them?" I ask. She shakes her head, "I haven't. I know the director is pissed that Stacy missed the rehearsal." Elsa says looking at her phone, I don't know how many texts or calls she made to both Hans and Stacy but I could tell, she was getting worried. I place my hand on her shoulder seeing her flinch before she looks up at me, "Hey, it'll be okay, they might just be busy..." I say but I know she's not believing me. I look over at my team but they were just as speechless just like I was.

Before I could even try and think of something for Elsa, I hear her phone go off. "Hans?" Elsa answers quickly. "Put him on speaker." I mouth to her, she nods and places the phone in her hand, speaker on. "Hans, can you hear me?" Elsa ask. All we hear is silence on the other end, until I hear a faint sound, music. "Elsa..." I hear a deep voice say making Elsa sigh, "Hans, where are you?" She ask. "You should come home... I have a surprise for you baby." Hans says as I see the screen go black.

We all looked at the phone, a shiver go up my spine. "Did anyone else get the creeps?" Chase ask making Nikia sigh. "Something is wrong..." Elsa answer, her hands shaking. I look at Chase and Nikia, "Call Ezra, I'm going to Elsa's place to see what is going on." I say. "One of us should go with you." Nikia says but I shake my head, "I can handle this, call Ezra, meet you guys there, take care of Elsa." I say as I run out of the room without another word.

***

"Jackson!" I hear as I reach my car to see Elsa running up to me. "Jesus Elsa, what are you doing? Go back inside and stay..." "Like hell! I'm going with you." She says. I grind my teeth, "Elsa, it's dangerous, you are in..." "I'm in danger here too! I'm safer with you!" She says crossing her arms. God she was still as stubborn then when we were kids. "You know I'm going to win this fight, you can never say no to me." She says feeling my heart start to beat faster, she was right... I could never say no to her. I sigh and open my passages side door. I don't look at her but I know she was smiling as I hear her heels hit the payment under her feet.

"Don't make me regret this." I say finally looking at her, and of course, she was giving me that smile, that smile that makes me weak to my knees. "You should know I'm stronger then I look." She says before going into the car. I growl at myself as I go to the driver side and look at her, "You're going to be the death of me, you know that right?" I say only to make her laugh.

"You would love that."

***

Not long, we reached Elsa's house but... Something was off, the lights were on and the front door was open. "Dose Hans have a key?" I ask seeing her shake her head, "No... No one dose." She answers which scared me more. I pull out my gun and push Elsa behind me as I push the door open a little more. The first thing I notice was there was music playing in the house, light classical music, the second was something on the floor. It was red and wet. "Oh god...." Elsa whispers. "Is that..." "I'm not sure, just don't step in it and stay close." I warn as we watched our step and I feel Elsa's hand on my shoulder.