Chapter 17~Discussing the Plan...

??? POV:

They're sure taking their sweet and precious time getting back. There's so much that needs to be done before the blood moon and I need to know some certain information before we can put the plan into action. I sigh some and pick up the book sitting next to me, flipping through the pages before I stop at the one I need. This...without this the plan will ultimately fail...it was supposed to find its way to me once...I killed Izuru, but it didn't. He must still be alive somewhere...how could any werewolf live through what I did...I shut the book and throw it away. It's not possible...though there's one possible reason why it didn't...I'll have to find out from them.

If almost on cue, I see two familiar faces walk through my door, "We're back..." says the girl with silver braids, making me smile a little. "Did you find out what I needed to know Miss Peko...?" I ask, making her nod. "We did..." she says as the short young man behind her walks in. "You were right...he ended up biting Hajime..." Fuyuhiko says, making me sigh some and lean my head on my fist. It's just as I thought...the power was passed down to Hajime. He must've done it before I could finish him off so...he could keep himself alive. I was hoping that Hajime wouldn't get wrapped up in all this...that was part of the reason why I wanted to kill Izuru, but...I guess you can't escape fate. I'd be okay if he was just a regular werewolf, but the fact that Izuru took over his body...is a whole different story. Because of him...I sigh a bit and pick up a framed photo that's sitting on my desk. Izuru...you ruined Hajime's life...for more reasons then one.

"That's not the only thing we found out..." Peko says, making me look up at her, "He gave the necklace to Nagito and easily tracked him down like you said, but...why did you want to know about him specifically...? What does Nagito have to do with your plan...?" I laugh some and stand up, the picture still in my hand, "You want to know why...? Nagito is the key to bringing Izuru...or I guess Hajime now...to us." I say as I walk around the room, "I...need that power...and as long as Izuru is still alive in some way, that power is solely his..."

"That's true, but why would he not wear the necklace himself...? Why give it to Nagito...?" the short boy asks, sounding somewhat confused. "Because Fuyuhiko my boy...Izuru wanted to piss me off..." I say, sounding irritated, but then laugh a bit to myself, "Though he did make things easier for me...thanks to him I can skip a step in my plan." I think to myself some. I do wonder why he'd do this...it's not like Izuru to give up something important...he's too smart for that...there has to be more to it. I wonder...if it has something to do with the blood moon...I'll have to do more research later...

I walk back to my desk, sitting down the photo with my hand still on it, "Now that I have the information we need, we can move forward with the plan..." I look back up at Fuyuhiko and Peko, "Firstly, I want you two to keep an eye on Hajime and Nagito...see if you can find out any information we should know. Then, once it gets closer to the blood moon...I want you two to go after Nagito and bring him to me along with that necklace." I say, them both nodding in agreement.

After chatting with them for a while longer I watch as they both leave, then turn back towards the picture my hand is on. I'm sorry to do this to you both...especially you Nagito. I know how strong your love is for Hajime, but...even though I don't want to, I have to do this...because of her. I lift my hand off the photo, revealing a picture of Hajime and Nagito when they were little kids.

Nagito's POV:

"T-There! A-All finished...~" Mikan says with a smile as she finishes wrapping up my wound. I laugh a bit and smile some, "Thanks so much Mika-" before I could finish my sentence, Hajime rushes over to me, startling Mikan and nearly knocking her down. "Are you alright?! How do you feel?!" He asks, sounding concerned.

I look over, seeing Chiaki and Souda following behind him, "He was worried about you the whole time~" Chiaki says with a bit of a giggle. "Yea! He was so restless!" Souda says with a laugh. Hajime...considering his reaction when he found me, he definitely looked worried. It's probably just because were friends, but...I don't know. His worry felt...different to me. Maybe it was just because I was injured...though how did he even know that I was in the first place...?

I sigh a bit to myself and shake away my thoughts, noticing that Hajime was glaring at Chiaki and Souda with a slight blush. I giggle some. He's so cute...~ "I'm doing fine Hajime...~" I say, making him look back over at me and sigh some in relief. After recollecting herself, Mikan speaks up, "N-Nagito will be okay...~ H-He'll just need to rest for the rest of this week..." she says with a slight smile. I look down some. So much for going to school...though...this injury may have been a good thing. I'd stay at home to recover and Hajime would stay with me...this would be a good way to keep him away from school and the hunters lackeys...the last thing I need is for him to end up in my situation.

I look back up, seeing that Hajime looks a mix of upset and mad,  "I shouldn't have left your side...this is all my fault." He says as he tightens his fists, making my eyes widen and saddening me some. After a bit longer, Mikan takes a breath and walks away from us, "I-I'll let you guys stay here for a while...I-I'll come back later to check your wound again...o-okay...~?" she says, me nodding with a smile as she walks out of the nurses office. Once gone, Chiaki sighs and sits next to me, "So...what all happened when you were with Peko and Fuyuhiko...?" She asks, making me look down some. What should I say...? Should I...bring up the blood moon...?

"W-Well...they wanted to know where Izuru was..." I say, surprising them some. "They...thought he was still alive...?" Chiaki asks, sounding confused. "I guess so...they said that this necklace wouldn't be here if he wasn't..." I say, making her look down some. I look over at her, noticing that she looks...kinda sad. I wonder why...? I won't ask her about it right now because of a certain someone being here, but maybe I can talk to her about it another time when it's just the two of us. I look over at Hajime, seeing that he's grabbing his head again. Izuru...he's probably spouting lies in his ear right now...I tighten my fists some. I hate him...and I'll make sure that he doesn't come out again...

After explaining a little more about what happened when I was with them, Hajime speaks up, "We need to figure out our own plan..." he says in a serious tone, Chiaki nodding in agreement. "Our main focus  should be figuring out what this 'plan' of theirs is...Souda and I could keep an eye on them here at school and search their little hideout for information, now that we know where it is." She says, smiling some. "I can message you guys with updates, since I have Nagito's number and all that~!" Souda says with a grin, making me laugh some. "That would be great, thank you both~" I say with a bright smile. It's so nice to have these two helping us...~

I look back over at Hajime, who goes silent. He looks...kinda jealous. He's never been the type of person to get jealous...is it because of these two...? I sigh a bit to myself and smile some, "Since I'm hurt I have no choice but to stay at home, but..." I take Hajime's hand, making him blush, "I'll have Hajime there to protect me if the hunters lackeys try to come after me again...~" I say with a slight giggle. Hajime takes a breath and tightens his grip on my hand, surprising me a bit, "I'll make sure they don't come near you again..." he says as he glances over at my injury, "If they do they'll regret it..."

Still somewhat surprised I was about to say something, until Chiaki beats me to it, "Hajime...I do want you to protect Nagito, but Souda and I will also need your help here at school." She says, making my eyes widen some. No...he doesn't need to be by himself...that would give the lackeys a perfect opening to take or hurt him, since he's the one they actually want. I can't be by myself either, since...they could use me to get Hajime. They...mentioned to me that they wanted to lure him in using my blood...I don't know why they wanted mine specifically, but all I know is that their 'test' was a success. He easily tracked me and knew I was hurt...I played dumb about it before, but...I was honestly in shock. It's still kinda hard to believe, but he is a werewolf so I guess it makes sense...

I'm snapped out of my thoughts when Hajime speaks up, "You two can deal without me...I'm not leaving him alone" he says in a serious tone, making Chiaki sigh some. "There's only a couple of days that I'll need you...we can have Nekomaru and Akane look over him while your here...they like to skip school anyways..." she says with a slight giggle. "You mean those other two werewolves that were with you...?" Hajime asks, her nodding in agreement. "Trust us, they can take on anything! They'll have no issues keeping Nagito safe~!" Souda says with a laugh, making Hajime sigh some. "Fine...but only for a couple of days..." he says with mixed feelings.

Wow...he's...okay with that...? I would've thought that he'd be against it considering how protective he's been lately...maybe he's starting to trust them again...~ It looks like he doesn't hate Chiaki anymore and he seems okay with Souda. I'm glad...~ It was honestly upsetting to see him treat them both badly...especially Chiaki considering how long we've known her. I think to myself for a moment. Though...I do wonder why she wants Hajime's help...it's...kinda suspicious to be honest, but maybe I'm just overthinking things. We'll see...