Chapter 20

(They have known each other for 11 months by the way.)

Nate's POV

I cooked lasagna for Mia. She said she liked my cooking so I decided to cook for her. Once I got everything done I put Netflix on and got some snacks from the pantry. Then she walked through the door. "Something smells good!" She shouts out to me as I walked to the kitchen.

"Yeah I cooked lasagna." I told her as I grab us a bottle of extra sweet tea. She sat down on the couch and I handed her a plate of food. I sat down next to her and put on NCIS. "Oh I love NCIS." "Yeah I know." I told her. She smile and watched tv.

"Gibbs is so fine." She said.

"Whatever." We laughed and joked the whole time we watched tv. She went quiet all of a sudden. I looked over at her to see her watching tv.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing."

"Mia." She sighed.

"Nate." I paused the show. She smacked her lips. "Why'd you pause it?"

"What's wrong with you?" "Nothing, I'm having a good time." I gave her a look. "Fine, I-I'm scared." I gave her a confused look. "Scared of what?" "This." She pointing between her and I. "What do you mean?" "I might.." I couldn't hear the rest of her sentence because she whispered it. "Huh?"

"I might like you.." She said and looked away from me.

I stared at her surprise. "Say something." She said looking back at me. "Wow." She really likes me? "Wow?" She repeated after me. I liked her too but what if this doesn't work out, what if-. "That's all you have to say?" She cut me off. "Um." What if I mess this up before we even start?

"I think I should go." She got up. "Wait, no don't go." "I had fun." She said and walked to the door. I got up and tried to stop her but she was already in her car. I sighed. I guess I did mess it up before we even started.