Chapter 3:

I woke up the next morning to a jumping Max on my bed. Max was my little brother. He was already ready for school. Was I?  No. Again my family failed to make sure I got up.

“Get off my bed you, twerp.” I said and pushed him off.

“I’m gunna tell mom that you pushed me!” He said and ran.

Little brothers were a pain. I got out of bed and took a shower. At least today I could dress normal. I got out and dried and walked across the hall. Isabelle was in my room sitting on my bed. What was it with my siblings and my bed today? She had a tear down her face and her hair was messy.

“Jace and I were fighting all night.” She said.

I walked into my closet and I put on a red V-neck shirt with black pants and red shoes. I walked back out and didn’t know what to say.

“Well Izzy, I don’t know what to say.”

I walked back across the hall and gelled my hair to spike just a little in the front. Today I looked good. Well good enough. She walked out of my room and slammed my door. So it wasn’t just me with anger issues.

I drove to school with an Isabelle giving me glares. What was with everybody looking at me like this? I just was going to ignore her. When we got to school she just stormed off. Jace was leaning on his car talking to the football team. I walked over to them and greeted some.

Jace was giving me glares as well as Izzy. I assume that they talked about me last night.

“What’s going on between you two? Trouble in paradise?”  Simon said.

I rolled my eyes and just looked at Jace.

“We are not doing this again Jace.” I said.

“Doing what Alec?” He said and huffed his chest to try and over power me. He walked closer to me and the team piled out and formed a crowed behind us. Mindy and Clary ran behind Simon.

“Alec,” Clary started.

I rolled my eyes. Jace came closer to me and pushed my chest. I was getting almost to the point where I was going to blow up on my best friend. I was willing to just let the punch go but apparently he cant do that.

“Jace this is my sister were fighting over. Because what? Because she said no? SHE SAID NO!” I  yelled.

Now there was a crowed. Among the crowed I saw Magnus Bane. He had a certain kind of look on his face.

“She said no Jace! BIG FREAKING DEAL!” I said and blew a punch to his face.

Jace stumbled back and held his nose. Blood was dripping from it. I easily broke it. That will feel good at practice. He wiped the blood from his face and he punched me in the stomach.

“JACE! STOP!” Mindy yelled.

Jace turned his face behind him and then stormed off. I guess I lost my best friend. A few people like Clary and Simon. I wish Jace could see this whole stupid situation like me. This was my sister. Isabelle. Isabelle Lightwood. She didn’t want to go with Jace after he broke her heart.

I shrugged off people and walked past Magnus. He had a worried look on his face but I didn’t want to stop and talk to him. I walked and just kept going.

Lunch time came and I got my tray and sat down at my usual table. Mindy was with Jace again. I bit into my burger and had a mouthful of grease. Scrumptious. I put it down.

“Are you and Jace at it again?” Clary asked.

I nodded and took a swig of milk. The milk was rotten. I threw it down and got up to throw my trash away. Why did schools have to do this? I walked back to my table and felt jittery. My adrenaline was still pumping.