Solomon's Willpower

Solomon drank the ice cream off the top of his beverage and its frigid tinge shivered him with the sweet mixture that ended with bitterness as he watched her walking off with another man.

Why did he come here again?

Solomon sighed as Valletta bounced to the beat. She looked fluent in the art of her attire. Michaela gyrated and attracted the attention of anyone with eyes with her electric dancing.

Amber went deeper into the club with another man. She told him she would soon be back, but he doubted that.  Amber left him with her two friends who were busy enjoying themselves. 

Solomon grabbed the back of his head and watched the scattered crowds of people. Some dancing, some not, how should he pass the time lingered on his mind.

Solomon decided to watch the party as it was. The patrons here, especially the females dressed like it was their last day on earth. The men looked suaver than pimps and grander than him. Solomon looked down at his simple clothing. He felt out of place here.

Solomon had to admit Amber was simply gorgeous. He wished he had the chance to tell her before she ran off.

He was able to make some macaroni and cheese for Andrew. Not that he ate much of it as his mother came back as he was on his second bite. He met Jackson a quarter of the way to Half Way Tree and finally reached thirty minutes before Valletta was planning to start a search party for him.  

Solomon groaned then sighed. The beverage, he drank. It was good, different. But at one thousand seven hundred dollars he could buy lunch for the week with that much money. 

Maybe he should stop complaining, he was at a party after all.

To have the willpower to do anything other than sulk was nonexistent. He kept sulking.

Solomon did not know how much time passed, but something hit him on his hip. He looked down to see Michaela. She bumped into him. Solomon was a bit surprised and tried to keep his composure around the small delectable woman. 

She was so small and short. What was she, five two? 

Where did her drink go? It was likely she finished that. Which reminded him of the time. Amber said she wasn't going to stay at the party.

That meant he had less time with her. Solomon grit his teeth in annoyance. He had to talk to her, but she wasn't even giving him any attention!

How much passed? Solomon flung his eyes in search of Valletta and found her on the other side of the club. 

Great, he was stuck with the little one. 

Solomon rocked his head as she twirled around him, shaking her butt. He tried not to watch her, but he was sort of failing in that regard. He asked, “Enjoying yourself huh?”

She gave him a curious stare as she had her arms rocking up and down. “Shouldn't you?”

Solomon wanted to, but he could not do it. He came to spend time with Amber not friend number one and number two. Where the skinny one hated him as he heard her from across the street. 

The small one named Michaela was an odd mixed bag. She took his number when they entered this club. He could feel she was interested in him. If Chester was here, he would tell him to make a move on her, but Solomon did not have any interest in Michaela. 

But did it matter? Amber was not even here. Solomon groaned aloud.

“You sick?” she asked.

Solomon answered, “No.” He gestured towards the DJ. “I am not feeling this music. Too much R&B.” Honestly, he would not feel it if it was anything else, but it was a lie well done.