V.

Persival waited patiently, although unnerved by Cassius' actions, and not once growled as he usually would. Before leaving to my new home, I walked to my parents, who stood in the front of the group, Pa with a mournful smile and mother with a greedy beam.

"I suppose this is goodbye." Pa stuttered and sniffled. All the sadness you could muster was weighing on him, but mother cared not about it. The only words for her unwanted child, who wanted nothing more than to stay on the surface were: "Think about your parents for once and send us valuables often." The audacity she has to say this to my face without a hint of remorse in her words. The fact that a mother says to her child to bring them money rather than wish them well is just vile. In response, I spat at her feet with a huff.

"You're not getting even a nugget of gold from me." At the answer, she was shocked and very displeased, ready to slap me when someone grabbed her violently. Persival stood tall by me, holding mother's arm above her and she yelped in pain, ordering to let go, to which the angered guard didn't budge, continuing to hold her.

"If you wish to live, you shan't touch her." He growled, then looked at me questionably, waiting for my order. With a nod of confirmation, he let go and the furious woman yanked her hand away, fleeing from sight without comment and not once looked back to her family. Although amazed by Persival's quick action, the last thing I wanted was to push his ego further, so a simple thank you was enough.

"It's time to go," He started, "the sun is setting." That, it was. The orange and slightly pink colours of the sunset painted the sky and mirrored in the water. It's the last time I see it this way, maybe the last time I see the sunset at all. I would cry, but it isn't worth it, it won't change the fate. So, as my sorrow deepened and my smile fell, I hugged the people I love and stepped towards the water, warm against my feet.

"Shall we?" I inquired and Persival nodded, his armour clanking as he walked to me and we dove into the water. For the last time, I turned to the surface to meet the sad expressions of the Mallory clan and my father. Cassius looked the worst but still managed to gather the strength and smile. 'My wacky girl.' Echoed clearly even underwater and only then did I realise it. We were approaching the bottom and I didn't even notice that breathing was an option. Perhaps it was the Heart that gave me the ability since I held it tightly against my chest as we sunk deeper.

"Once we get to the floor, summon the Boloks with the Heart." He ordered. "And breathe. You'll suffocate rather than drown." Fancy to say breathing underwater was possible, but one thing about it bothered me. Boloks? Did he hit his head when we dove?

"You want to get eaten?" I screamed, earning a disapproving look. "Bringers of death, the snarling, disgusting creatures from the bottom of the sea?" That confused him even more, and he stopped midway, floating in place and the gravitation didn't pull him towards the surface for some reason.

"Why do you mortals keep misplacing sea witches and Boloks? That's nonsense." There was a spark of disappointment in his voice, which made me want to laugh. That a man of steel and a cold heart would be offended by a misunderstanding was hilarious to watch, but he was patient to explain the difference nonetheless. By the time we got to the bottom, I understood what Boloks were and was surprised to hear about it. Shapeshifters and servants of the Heart appeared in a form that a Marentrian needed.

"So," I began, "how do I summon them?" Persival gave me an annoyed stare but didn't say anything impolite, just kindly explained the process. First, the Heart has to be glowing in contact with the person, which it did in beautiful blue colours. Second, all the energy must be pointed towards it and lastly, imagine the thing you need and it shall come to you. I focused on the gleaming orb and thought of anything that could swim and was big enough to get us to Marentris. The woeful song I heard when I first touched the Heart came to mind and a few moments later, we heard the same song coming towards us.