♡"Break my heart one hundred times, I would still love you"♡

"Break my heart one hundred times, and I would still love you"
↳ mini angst
≫Rafe Imagine (TW: mention of hard drugs)
»Rafe Cameron x fem!reader

"Break my heart one hundred times, and I would still love you"↳ mini angst≫Rafe Imagine (TW: mention of hard drugs)»Rafe Cameron x fem!reader

✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦

Life is something that throws curveballs at you when you least expect it. Sometimes it surprises you, other times it causes your world to fall apart. You lose people in the process, but worst of all you lose yourself. 

The old you, who was someone willing to risk everything for the boy she had loved since she was in diapers. The one who never gave up on the people she loved most in this world. The one who took risks, treating every day as if it were her last because tomorrow is never guaranteed. 

The one who believed in true love wholeheartedly. The one who loved so deeply, so fully headfirst. Why is it that as we grow older, we lose that part of ourselves? The part of us that was innocent and willing to give life everything we've got. 

Where is she? I miss her. I miss her openness to trying new things and accepting others with open arms. I miss the way she daydreamed and pieced together the small details of her future. Organized enough to know where she wanted to be in one, ten, twenty years - but not to the point where she had her whole life mapped out. 

Is it that much of a crime to do that? To dream up a future that is shared with the person who is the other half of you. So many questions are left unanswered. 

That's exactly how I feel when my eyes meet Rafe's across the beach, thinking about what we were and what we could've been. Old feelings, the pain flooding back as if the dam I had created broke down the moment I saw him again.

It hasn't even been a full month yet since the incident took place. I say incident because it hurts less to refer to it that way. It all happened so quickly. Neither of us knew what would have happened once the night ended.

I remember it so vividly that it all comes flooding back the moment my (E/C) eyes meet his ocean blue. His wide smile falls the moment he notices who he is looking at. 

It was a cooler summer night than usual. Sarah and I had decided that we just had to see each other so she could explain all that had been happening to her so far. It was our little tradition: slumber party life updating. Even though I was closer to age with Rafe, me and Sarah clicked ever since she began talking to me.

She told me about John B and the Pogues she's been hanging out with. I felt glad that she was putting herself out there and making friends with others around the OBX. She told me about Topper and how she ended things with him and how hesitant she was to let Rafe find out. Then her phone rang and she answered it, saying it was John B. She asked me to cover for her and I answered her with a smile and nudged her. She hugged me and climbed out the window, careful not to draw any sort of attention to her.

I set up the pillows so it looked as if someone were there, and I turned on the bathroom light with some incense to make it smell like someone was getting ready for a nice, comfy bath. I quietly shut the door to Sarah's bedroom and snuck downstairs, ready to pour myself some good 'ol chocolate milk.