glimpse

Jungkook rubbed his eyes as the sunlight peeked through the blinds. He put his hands over his eyes, shading them from the burning sun. Jungkook turned around and saw that Namjoon had already woken up and made his bed. Jungkook laid in bed, with yesterday's thoughts running through his mind once again.

Jungkook forced himself out of bed, feeling slightly light-headed from rising too quickly. He threw on a simple, black shirt, not bothering to change the multicolored shorts he was already wearing. 

Jungkook waited silently for the elevator while fiddling with his room card, his eyes staring blankly at the door, waiting for it to open. The bell sounded with a small ding and the doors opened. Jungkook lifted his eyes slightly and was surprised to find Jimin wearing his Hawaiin shirt standing in the far right corner.

Jungkook shuffled quickly into the elevator, making sure he stayed a comfortable distance away from Jimin, who had his nose buried in a magazine. He looked around awkwardly, only glancing at Jimin for short periods of times and jerking his head away when Jimin made any small movements. Jungkook took a glimpse at Jimin's face and noticed his carved features, from his curved nose to his plump lips.

The ride in the elevator seemed to last an eternity, but finally the doors opened to the lobby, where both Jungkook and Jimin got off. Jungkook opened the door and allowed Jimin to walk into the cafeteria before hurrying in himself.

Taehyung and Yoongi sat on the balcony, exactly one spot away from the table where they had sat yesterday evening. Taehyung spotted Jungkook and waved him over. The other members weren't there as they were scattered around the buffet, each trying to take generous servings of breakfast. Jungkook scanned the buffet, looking for Jimin's unmistakable silver hair, which he spotted without much effort. Jungkook immediately turned his head around when Jimin lifted his eyes from the food tray, pretending to look at the cliffs hanging over the water.