6| Potentiam

The school year hadn't gone according to Victors plan. After the Tri Wizard tournament, and the disaster that happened at the last trial, Victor thought it couldn't get any worse.

He had been plagued with nightmares that even the best mind healers couldn't fix. James and Lily Potter paid the best Healers from across the world to try and ease his torment. When he brought it up to Dumbledore in the beginning, he had swept his worry aside. Casting him away and ignoring his pleas. His father and mother constantly assured Victor that it could be fixed. That their perfect son, the boy who lived, couldn't have any sort of PTSD.

Dumbledore has continued to ignore Victor. He was pushed aside time and time. During Order of the Phoenix meetings he wouldn't even look at him. He had only acknowledged him once since July and that was during his trial in front of the Wizengamot.

Everyone in the Order was still investigating on how a dementor was in Surrey. On the day that the Potters visited their muggle relatives for the first time in 6 years. Even on these suspicious circumstances, the Wizengamot still deemed Victor to blame. Unless Dumbledore had spoken Victor would have been expelled from Hogwarts and banished from the British Magical world. With no real witnesses apart from Dumbledore everyone still believed Victor had performed magic out of malice.

On top of the hatred the public suddenly has for Victor deeply upset him. He knew Voldemort was back. Why did no one believe him? The way Rita Skeeter slandered his name annoyed his parents deeply. Not to mention how furious Sirius had been when he seen the articles. Remus could barely could convince him to not maul Skeeter.

He would spend late nights confiding in Hermione and Ron. Hermione would research different aspects constantly, while Ron would be there to help me recover from the nightmares late at night. He couldn't be more thankful for them. It was the perfect way to comfort him, but he appreciated everything he got.

Unfortunately, as of recently Hermione had been infatuated with a guy she met. She could be seen often gushing over this stranger to Ginny or Remus. As a result, Ron would complain to Victor on how he was upset.

The train to Hogwarts consisted of Hermione worrying over Victor, gushing about her lover and scolding Ron for eating all the sweets. This year Neville, Ginny and Luna joined them in the compartment.

It was common knowledge that Neville and Luna were head over heels for each other, but were too awkward to make a move. Everyone called it cute and on a number of times, Victor and Seamus were up till late listening to Neville talk about Luna.

"On a scale of 1 to fourth year, how bad do you think this year will be?"

This earned Ron a slap on the arm by Hermione and a glare by Ginny. They knew how horrible fourth year had been for Victor.

"Ow Hermione it was a joke. A joke. You know what they are right?"

"Ofcourse I do! It's inappropriate to make jokes on Victors suffering. It's called being a good friend. A good friend. You know what that is right?"

Ron just glared at Hermione and sank into his seat. Victor had been watching this with mild interest. They always acted like a petty married couple. Sometimes it was funny, sometimes it was downright annoying.

The train ride was as long as it always had been. They spent the time talking and trying to lighten the mood. Victor was slightly offended when he noticed they were already pulling in to Hogsmeade station. Not once has Draco and his crew come around to see him. He knew what he did was horrible, but he thought Draco would have forgiven him. He always did.

But this time it seemed like Draco really was finished with Victor. And Victor couldn't be more upset. He knew he wouldn't go up to Draco and apologise. Draco could turn his back on him and mock him. He was in no place to be mocked by more people.

So when he seen Draco talking with a person he never seen before, he was more than mad. Had Draco left and ignored him, for a stranger?

"Hey Ron, who's that?"

Ron turned to the person Victor was pointing out. Although Ron wasn't the best person to ask, he rarely acknowledged people he didn't talk to daily. But he didn't want Hermione to know that he was jealous over a stranger.

"No clue mate, you reckon he's new?"

"Yeah, must be."

Their conversation died as they reached the carriages that would take them to Hogwarts castle. Hermione, Neville and Ginny were already in the carriage.

"Where's Luna?"

Ginny was the first to reply. "She joined her friend. You know the Hufflepuff?"

Although neither Victor nor Ron knew of this friend, they nodded their heads and sat down obediently. The carriages were never comfortable, especially when Victor was watching a skeleton horse pull the carriage.

The animal had long wings and thin legs. It's face looked almost reptilian like. It hardly looked like a horse but more of a skeleton.

"What is that?"

"What is what, Victor?"

"That animal pulling the carriage."

Hermiones response had been one Victor was waiting for.

"Nothing is pulling the carriage. It's magically transported."

Hermione looked at Victor peculiarly. Victor shrugged off her look, apologising like he was taught to. He must be seeing things, if no one else could see the beast pulling them towards the castle.

"Oh sorry, I just thought I saw something."

ah yes it's short and yes it's not been read through properly buttttt i did say i wanted to update more frequently

i call that somewhat improvement? but yes this is it, i'm not sure where i'm going with this book but it's going

i'm not sure how i feel about this chapter and victor, might change it might not be bothered :)

anyways i hope ur all safe and well <3