Flooding with the Monsters

I woke up, well not really. At the time I didn't even know I was dreaming if I tried to remember I'd fallen asleep. She was there, Finley. Finley was my longtime crush, I loved her but she wasn't lesbian like I. She told me, “you must hurry, Annie, hurry, they're coming and flooding carry on without me.” I shook my head, please don't go, Finley, I-I love you!” I shouted without thinking but she was gone and so was I, awaken by cold, frozen water being hit on my face as my mom woke me up in a daze, but when I sat up Mom and Dad were dead. My mom had glassy eyes, My dad had his closed and I shivered. I hurried downstairs and to the car, I couldn't drive but I had to go. I locked the doors, and started the car. The engine revived as something was seen behind in a distance; a tall monster.

I drove but it didn't seem like I was going much of anywhere, it caught up with me as snow began to topple on the car. It roared, and I was frightened. A bloodcurdling scream I wanted to make, but terror and coldness stopped it from happening. I decided I'd have to make a break for it if I wanted to survive the night of the Haunted Hotel, however, the snow was everywhere and I couldn't get out if I tried plus the monster was a silhouette in the spinning drizzle turning to icicles beside the hotel walls,  sharp like a knife but blissfully pleasing to see them hanging.
I began to close my eyes, nothing but a dream... I repeated to myself as I was soon awakened in my bed by the thunderous sky, it was four in the morning’s daybreak. I sat up, next to me was my daughter, Kate. I had her when I was sixteen, now I'm twenty-one. She’s only five and wanted to come along on our trip with my parents and I. Kate had beautiful long, wavy, brunette hair. I loved to brush it as she looked at the television and talked to me.
I got up and went to the kitchen to make something real quick and go back to sleep, hoping for a better day tomorrow.

hopefully.