1.20

ROUSSEAU'S

[Hanna joins Elijah and Klaus at the table and sits down between the two brothers]

ELIJAH: I will warn you, Hanna, Niklaus is in a spectacularly foul mood today.

KLAUS[to Elijah] Sod off.

Hanna[to Klaus] What's the deal with these moonlight rings? Oliver's trying to set a revolution every five seconds. People are scared, angry, and frankly, I'm tired of stalling.

KLAUS: It's a day of peace, Hanna. Try and enjoy it. And, in the meantime, with all manner of unknown enemies conspiring against our family, you'll move back in with us. 

Hanna[sarcastic] Awesome! Then, we can do that thing where you lock me in the tower, I escape, there's drama, and then you two both realize I'm very capable of looking after myself.

KLAUS[frustrated] The rings are in progress. I will live up to my word. We will find and punish whoever launched the attack on the Bayou, and you will return to the compound for your own safety! [Hanna sighs and rolls her eyes] But, right now-- [He grabs his bottle of scotch]-- I'm gonna finish this bottle --[He opens the bottle]-- and the next, in the hopes of drowning the demon who has chosen today to haunt me. [He looks up at the ceiling before chugging right from the bottle] Cheers, Mikael. Impeccable, Freudian timing.

ELIJAH: [stunned] Elaborate.

[Hanna looks at Elijah and Klaus in concern]

FRANCESCA CORREA'S MANSION

[Hanna sits on Francesca's front porch, waiting until Francesca and her bodyguard return home. When Francesca notices her, she groans, and tries to be polite]

FRANCESCA: Ah. Hanna, right? I'm guessing you're not here because you want to make a new friend?

Hanna: I don't count terrorists as friends.

[Hanna stands up to face her]

FRANCESCA[chuckles, and turns to her bodyguard] Wow. I've been accused of everything from grand larceny to blackmail, but "terrorist," that's new!

Hanna: A human pulled up to our home in the Bayou on a motorcycle and blew himself up. 

FRANCESCA: I heard. [She grabs her keys and walks to the front door] Awful. Goodnight!

[Hanna, annoyed, headbutts her bodyguard before slamming his head into a birdbath and knocking him out. Francesca stares in shock for a moment before smiling fakely at her]

Hanna: Word on the street is, he owed a hundred grand to the Palace Royale casino! And then, after he died, the debt was erased. Just like magic.

FRANCESCA: Jeff was a fixture at my roulette table. Sometimes he was up, sometimes he was down. I absolved his family of the debt he owed out of the goodness of my heart. [Hanna glares at her skeptically, and Francesca shrugs] Feel free to sniff around. My hands are clean! [beat] And, I'd advise you to mind your manners. It's lucky you're still alive. You're the one the wolves all whisper about like royalty. If I was interested in hurting the wolves, you'd be my target. [She smiles] And, when I go after someone? I don't miss. 

[Francesca walks into her house, leaving Hanna on the porch. Hanna sighs and leaves, setting off down the street toward the compound.]