Chapter 12: Silence

"Hello, Marilyn," Dr. Dillard walked into the room. "How have you been? I'm sure it's been hard adjusting to not dancing and as soon as you get used to it you begin working your way back into dancing," he said while he took a seat on the rolling seat.

"Yeah."

"Let's look at your wrist," he reached out his hand. I placed my wrapped hand into his. He twisted it back and forth before rolling back to grab a pair of small scissors. He weaved them underneath the bandage and made a small slit before ripping it the rest of the way off. There was a bruise and a small cut where the incision was made. It looked disgusting, but the doctor said it looked like it was healing fine. Instead of wrapping my whole hand, he place some gauze and nude tape over the incision and wrapped a white bandage around my wrist three times. He checked my vitals and heart before excusing me and my mother.

After the appointment, we took the subway to the studio. Once I got up into the lounge, I pulled on a grayish blue leotard with cap sleeves and a pair of pink tights. I covered my right leg with a gray and black leg warmer and slipped on a lavender skirt. Since it was a little chilly, I wore my black company jacket for the first part of class.

*********

Tonight we quickly ran through the final pas de duex. We started at when Callie Ann was leading Jonatan into the garden where the statue of me and Mamillius was. As Jonatan pretended to cry over the statue, I began to slowly move and come to life. When I reached for his hand, he pulled it away in shock. As I stepped off the platform, Callie Ann offered her hand to help me down the steps so I didn't fall. After I was off of the stairs, I walked to center stage. Jonatan slowly walked over to me and cupped my face. He portrayed the moment when Leontes realizes that I am not a statue and that I am his wife. As his hand grazed over my collarbone and the rest of my body, my heart fluttered. He grabbed my hands and laid his sweat covered hands in them as he mimed weeping. He did his floor work around me before draping me over his shoulder. After he circled around, he placed me in an arabesque. My body seamed to float as we continued the intricate partnering.

"Okay, good," my mother stopped the music when we reached the moment that we had not learned in the choreography. "I just wanted to run through it before we finish it tomorrow. You guys are dismissed."

After dance, we went to our normal family dinner. Jonatan was going to join us tonight as well. Since we were going to Machiavelli's, Jonatan, my mother, Everett, and I just walked to the restaurant.

When we arrived Arabella, Don, Amalia, Dan, Grandmother, Fernando, Micheal, Bryan, William, and Aiden were already there.

"Hello, darling," Micheal came and kissed my mother. "How are you?" he asked still keeping his arm around her waist.

"I'm fine."

"Good. How did Marilyn's doctors appointment go today?"

"Good, she was able to do a full class today and most of rehearsals."

"That's great!" exclaimed Amalia. "We're just waiting on Melody to get here."

Micheal lead my mother to the waiting area for her to sit down. I noticed Micheal's hand run farther down her back and squeeze her bottom as they walked away.

We waited for five minutes for Melody to arrive. When she walked through the door, she was laughing with a man and holding his hand. I knew who it was, but it was a shock to everyone else.

Everyone's attention turned toward them. "Oh, hello everyone," Melody said. "I have someone for you to meet. This is Andrew, my boyfriend."

Everyone stayed silent.