Kaminari And Jiro: Starting Line

On the outskirts of the battlefield, the pro heroes notice something is amiss. The distant sounds of screams and carnage have a ring of malice to them. "Earphone Jack," a large, beastly pro barks, "what's happening out there?" Kyoka Jiro's crestfallen face tries to calmly explain the destruction she can perceive.

"They're running...but away from the battlefield. Something is wrong. And something – or someone – is coming."

Jiro's earphone jacks retract from the ground where they had been inserted back to her usual shoulder length. She stands as the rest of the heroes waiting on the backline of the assault against the Paranormal Liberation Front ready themselves for whatever is approaching them. In a moment too swift to be described as a blink, the earth beneath the young heroes severed and began to move them away from one another. Momo Yaoyorozu, narrowly avoiding falling into the split in the earth thanks to the quick thinking of Hanta Sero taping her back, sees Jiro sliding away from the group alone. "Earphone Jack!" Her voice prompts the ingesting of sugar by Rikido Sato who dashes forward in an attempt to grab Jiro and bring her back to the rest of the group.

Sato is met by a wall of tree branches interweaving to further separate and confuse the allied heroes. Unable to pummel his way through, Yaoyorozu, Sero, and Sato all circle up and take stock of their surroundings. "This is bad," remarks Sato seeing the vines continue to encircle them. "And Jiro's off on her own."

"Then I guess," Sero says with a shaking confidence, "it's up to us to get out of this mess and help her out." Sero lowers his visor and readies his tape. Yaoyorozu pulls a metal staff from her midriff and prepares for battle alongside the other fledgling heroes. She thinks on her friend being separated by herself and grits her teeth. "Hold on, Jiro," she says to herself. "We're coming."

-

In the wood a short distance from the others, Jiro has concealed herself in a thicket of brush and trees. Her earphone jacks are buried in the soft dirt listening for any signs of her friends – or her foes. She detects the faint sounds of Sero's tape dispensing from his elbows and resolves to head in his direction. Upon exiting the brush, she's met with a blast of thunder crackling through the air. She falls backward onto the ground and looks through the blinding screens of electricity to see an imposing figure walking casually through the sparks. An advisor of the Brown Regiment of the Paranormal Liberation Front holding two tasers with a cool smirk upon his face.

"A single rat traversing the woods," he said, his smiley scowl implying a sinister motive beyond what is comprehensible to most. "Unfortunately for you, there isn't even strength in numbers. You'll at least have the benefit of dying without seeing your comrades fall with you." His hands covered the sparking tasers as he pressed in slowly for his kill.

"Not today." Jiro's headphone jacks sunk into the gauntlets on her wrists aimed at the commander in the distance. "Heartbeat Distortion: Slicing Wind." The air forced from her gauntlets at blistering speed. Debris from the forest floor began to whip into the air and push forcibly back through the thick. The commander covered his face and body with both arms crossed, the rocks and sticks now hurling about bruising and cutting up his clothes and exposed flesh. After a moment of thought, he realized it was not the random objects from the floor of the woods cutting him, but the precision of the air blasts themselves. With stoic focus, he lights the tasers in his hands.

"Amplivolt: Sky Current." The lightning pierced through the air, connecting through the dicing wind currents and hitting the amps located on Jiro's wrists. She ejected her earphone jacks a split second before, but her gauntlets are nothing more than junk on her arms after the attack. Still determined, she drops to one knee and plugs her jacks into the amps on her shins. The powerful speakers emit her heartbeat into the open air, cracking the trees in her path.