track 4

TW// slight parental abuse, violence, mention of death

"bye guys!" jungkook waved from his front door, "i'll see you all soon?" he asked as his friends walked to their designated cars, waving back at him.

"of course kook!" hoseok said, pulling out his keys and leaning on his car.

"text us if you need anything!" jimin yelled his smaller hand interlaced with taehyung's larger one. they were actual soulmates jungkook thought. they were perfect for each other.

they met through jungkook in highschool. jungkook was friends with jimin from his dance class and they practically hung out every day. jungkook met tae during a school project and decided to introduce the two of them. they were practically inseparable. in a cliché fashion jungkook walked in on them kissing in his room of all places and the rest is history.

they were both very open about their relationship and would flaunt it in school, out of school, wherever they were. they were in love and wanted everyone to know. jungkook on the other hand, wasn't as open and proud of gay. he was more reserved and only his close friends knew. he could never tell his parents, they were both strict, homophobic, abusive assholes towards jungkook. his friends didn't know about that either. jungkook had his secrets.

he sighed as he walked back in, dreading being left alone with the people he called mom and dad. he planned to make his way to the kitchen, grab a snack, and run upstairs as fast as he could. his plan failed, just his luck i know.

"where do you think you're going?" a voice belted from the hall past the kitchen. it was his father coming out of his office, his shirt a lil tussled and his eyes red from staring at a computer screen all afternoon doing whatever he does for work. jungkook chose not to ask nor care.

"u-up to my room. i have some school work..." jungkook said quietly, his voice barely a whisper.

"speak up boy! i'm not gonna listen to you whine like a girl." his father said, taking some steps forward to be closer to jungkook.

"p-please stay away from me." he said, putting his hands up a little to protect himself as he took some steps back. he took some a larger step and bumped into his mother. frantically he turned around and apologised over and over.

he tried to make his way around only to receive a harsh stinging slap across the face. jungkook put his hand on his cheek, warm tears slowly falling down his face.

god he hated life. he truly wanted nothing more than to leave. he didn't wanna die, no, he just wanted to leave. he wanted to run away with the boy of his dreams and never have to see these people ever again. jungkook just wanted his friends and a future lover. that's all he ever wanted.

his parents weren't always like this. they were loving people when he was young. in fact they were perfect. they loved him and his older brother more than anything in the world.

sadly his brother passed away at a rather young age. the two of them were playing outside in the front yard while his parents were inside with some house guests. a ball rolled into the street and i'm sure you know what happened next.

jungkook was paralysed in fear and didn't know what to do except scream and cry. his parents rushed out, seeing jungkook standing there and his brother laying in the street.

simply put his parents blamed him for it all. not helping his brother and just standing there. they were grieving hard and hated jungkook to feel better. they couldn't bare to blame themselves.

jungkook ran up to his room and sat against the door as he closed it. he let his head fall back against the door and sat there. he was numb and didn't know what to do except sit there and hope for some miracle. he had no one to go to, he couldn't tell his friends no. he didn't want them to worry.

jungkook got up and went to his window where he frequently snuck out after times like these. he hopped down from the open window, landing on his feet as quietly as possible. he ran around to the side gate which he opened and ran.

he knew exactly where he needed to go.