Newcomers to Rivendell

Birds chirp from the trees above, and sunlight spills through the green branches covering the forest like a blanket. I sling my bow over my shoulder careful not to hit my quiver.
I glide through the unmarked path without breaking a sweat. My long, wavy, hair bounces against the small of my back. I smile at the beautiful scenery surrounding me. The forest is the place where I find peace, it's where I spend most of my days.

"Dawn!" I hear someone yell.
Uh oh, It's my father. I pick up my pace as he doesn't like it when I'm out in the woods, alone. You see my father is Lord Elrond of Rivendell. He always wants me safe from harm, over the years he has made many enemy's. He tries to be nice to everyone, but it's hard to cooperate with orcs and goblins as they are evil creatures that should never be dealt with.

"Yes father." I say as I burst through the clearing.
He sighs and reaches up to pull a twig out of my hair.

"You need to get cleaned and straightened up, we have guests." He picks some leaves from my hair.

"What kind of guests?" I ask batting his hands away.

"You will find out soon enough, now run along and look presentable." He chides.

"Yes father." I sigh.
~
After I have bathed, I put on a silver dress that fans out around me and a headdress that has tiny, silver flowers on it. I leave my hair down as I only wear it up when I am in the forest or practicing with my bow, or knife.

I look into the mirror and smile. my green eyes stand out against the dull color, and the flowers in my hair twinkle when they capture the light.

"You look beautiful." Someone says behind me.

I turn around to face my older sister Arwen.

"Thank you. I should say the same for you." I blush.

She smiles sweetly.

"Do you know anything about these strange guests that Ada has told us about?" I ask her.

"Yes, Aragorn and a few others will be visiting. There is to be a secret council meeting." She explains.

"Are we invited to this meeting?" I gaze into her brilliant blue eyes.

"You are, I however am not. Nor would I wish to go. There would be to much of a fuss." Arwen smiles.

"Oh Arwen." I roll my eyes teasingly at her.

She laughs.

"You should be heading down before they start without you." She motions to the door.

"Thank you Arwen." I smile.

~

The council has already gathered when I enter the courtyard.

"Ah. Dawn glad you could join us." My father smiles putting his hand on my cheek.

"Sorry, I got caught up with Arwen." I apologize.

"No need to apologize my darling, we have not started yet."

And as if it were on cue every one began to take there seats. I sat in between my father and a small hobbit with bright, blue eyes. He had a nervous look on his face.

"Hello, my name is Dawn." I smiled down at him trying to decrease his anxiety.

"I'm Frodo." He replies still a little nervously.

"Are you okay? You seem a bit tense." I ask quietly.

"I'm fine." He quickly smiles as if to reassure me. I'm still suspicious, but I just shrug and listen to what my father is saying.

"Thank you all for attending to this council on such short notice." He says and smiles.

He then proceeds to introduce everyone. There was Gimli son of Gloin, Boromir from Gondor, Aragorn who I already knew because of Arwen, Gamdalf the Grey who would sometimes visit Rivendell, and Legolas of the woodland realm. My eyes lingered on Legolas a bit longer than most. Not in a creepy way, but I was interested in him, he was from Mirkwood. I've always wanted to visit Mirkwood.

"And this is Dawn, my daughter." My fathers voice snaps me out of my daze. I look over at him and smile. He smiles back.

He continues to talk about the growing darkness coming from the land of Mordor.

"Frodo! Bring forth the ring!" My father commands

Frodo draws in a deep breath and steps forward. He takes out a chain with a plain, golden ring attached to it. I immediately felt a rush of darkness and evil fill the courtyard. A shot of pain goes through my head and I wince. I was not expecting such a
Terrible sensation from this piece of jewelry.

"Are you okay?" My father gives me a worried glance.

"Yes." I nod the pain fading.

He reaches for my hand and squeezes it still looking concerned.

"So it is true." Someone whispers from the other side of the circle. I turn to see who it was and found out it was Boromir of Gondor. "In a dream, I saw the Eastern sky grow dark, but in the west a pale light lingered. Voices crying and doom growing near at hand." He stares at the ring intensely.

He stands up and slowly walks towards the pedestal, the mood of the crowd slightly changes. I begin to grow anxious and notice a few other elves have a worried look in their eyes.
I look towards my father, he also seems slightly nervous about what is about to happen.

"Isildur's bane is found..... Isildur's bane." He mutters while slowly reaching out to grab the ring.

My father and I stand up at the same time and Gandalf starts muttering dark words under his breath.

"Boromir!" My father shouts trying to snap the weak human out of his trance.

The sky darkens as Gandalf continues to chant his dark spell. I want to shout, but my throat has closed which prevents me from speaking.

Gandalf's chanting soon becomes a shout that scares me and I back up into the edge of my seat. Boromir also staggers back, a dazed look on his face. He soon falls back into his seat and the sky lightens again. Gandalf has stopped chanting and the area is oddly quiet. My father grabs my forearm and sits me down.

Gandalf and my father talk about how those chants are forbidden in Rivendell, but I block them out.

I find that Legolas has been staring at me. He has a concerned look on his face, but I just shake it off.

Soon the topic changes, becoming a heated argument, and Boromir speaks again, "It is a gift, a gift to the foes of Mordor. Why not use this Ring?" He gestures to the ring which radiates so much evil.

"Long has my father the Steward of Gondor kept the forces of Mordor at bay. By the blood of our people are your lands kept safe. Give Gondor the power of the enemy, let us use it against them!" He argues.

"You can not wield it, none of us can." Aragorn sighs, "The one ring answers to Sauron alone, it will respond to no one else."

I'm going to end this chapter here because it is getting to be a very long chapter. I hope you guys enjoy my new fanfiction. Originally Dawn's name was Celestia so sorry if you see any mix up. I know it's not very exciting yet but it'll be soon, with more romance, and heartbreak. wink wink.
Haha. okay the next chapter will come out soon. Enjoy and have a lovely day!