chapter five - happy hearts and heavy hearts

chapter five
happy hearts and heavy hearts
-

chapter fivehappy hearts and heavy hearts-

-

"hey beautiful," nate grins widely at alana, grabbing onto her hands and spinning her around gently, making alana immediately giggle. "ready to go?"

"yeah hold on, let me just go grab my phone," she tells him, before letting go of his hands and walking back into the condo, seeing brian and connor still playing fifa. "aren't you guys going?"

"yeah in a sec," brian says, not looking away from the screen. "shawns fine, he just texted."

"isn't it supposed to be your party too?" alana asks, picking up her phone, before spritzing a few more sprays of her perfume.

"yeah but it's fine," brian waves off. "we just need to finish this game."

"alright," alana sighs. "con, make sure you lock up. and set the heating to come on at around midnight."

"yeah, yeah," connor says, making alana roll her eyes, before walking back to the door, meeting nate there.

"are they coming?" nate asks, swooping his arm around alanas waist.

"god no, not yet anyway. apparently fifa's more important," alana chuckles, leaning closer to nates side. "how was your class?"

"it was alright," nate answers, leaning down and kissing alana's temple gently. "missed you though. sorry i had to leave lunch early."

"s'okay," alana responds, walking into the elevator, nate following her. "guess what?"

"you're in my management class tomorrow?" nate grins, knowing the answer already. "finally! we have a class together."

"good thing we're both taking management modules," alana giggles, pressing the ground floor button. "hey, can we maybe go out tomorrow evening? for dinner?"

"are you asking me on a date?" nate smirks at her. "i can't tomorrow, but the day after definitely."

"why not tomorrow?" alana whines, leaning against his bicep.

"shawns got a hockey game, all of us said we were going," nate says to her. "you can come, i know some of the other guys are bringing their girls, but our dinners gonna be hot dogs, just saying."

"let's go for the day after tomorrow," alana compromises. "it's okay, maybe breakfast tomorrow instead? my lectures been cancelled for the morning."

"alright, that sounds good, i don't have any classes until after lunch," nate nods. "wait, we can spend the day together then. we've got management in the afternoon."

"do you wanna stay over at mine tonight?" alana offers. "connor will probably be staying at brian and shawns place tonight anyway, it'll just be us," she says, biting her bottom lip, as the two of them walk out of the elevator, walking out of the complex and getting into their uber.