CHAPTER 12

In the first few weeks, Jayson tried to come near me when I was walking alone in the park to breathe. I immediately called the police and they arrested him but after a few days they released him cause he filed a bail. After that incident I never heard from him and it's been two months had passed already.

"Sam, are you okay? Juls voice is full of concern. We are sitting now and having lunch in one of our favorite cafe in town.

"Yeah, I'm good. I'm just thinking, Juls" I said trying to hide the worries that I feel. What if Jayson appears here and do something bad to me and Juls. God forbid.

"What are you thinking, Bestie?" She asked while staring at me. "About him again?"

"I can't help it, Juls" I said truthfully. After I told the whole story to my family and reported it to the authorities. I also called Juls and told her everything. She has the same expression with my family after hearing the entire story. "What if he came right now and hurt us?" I'm starting to have a panic attack.

She hold my hands that's been lying on the table "Please stop worrying about him, Sam" I saw the sympathetic look in her eyes. "He can't hurt you again" she said that just to make me feel at ease. But I know she is worry too.

"I just hope too, Sam" I really hope so. I can't live with this fears and worries forever.

"Can we talk something else?" she complained. "I really hate talking about that bastard again. If I can only see him again, I will surely kill that asshole for doing that to you" she said angrily.

"And how will you do that, huh?" I said playfully. I know that she's just being protective of me. That's why I love her.

"I will whack him with my 6 inches stilettos" She said thinking a bit "Or not, cause I don't want to waste my heels. Gosh, those are branded" She exclaimed trying to lighten the mood.

We just laugh at her ideas of killing Jayson. I'm so thankful to have her in my life, she can easily makes me forgot my problems for a while.

"By the way, did you think already where are you going to apply for a job?" she asked after our laughter lay low, completely changing the subject. It's been months after we graduated from the university and we're still jobless.

"I've been thinking somewhere far away from here" I answered instantly. I've been thinking for this idea for a while now after what happened to me.

"And where it is? She knitted her brows while looking at me, curious.

"I still don't know, Juls. Maybe I'm going to accept Alex's proposal and try applying for their company" I answered with a shrug.

"That's not a bad idea" She said nodding her head agreeing to my idea.

"But, it's not yet final. I'm still waiting for the response from the companies that I sent my resumes online" I informed her. "How about you?" I asked looking at her.

"I also want to try somewhere else, Bestie" she said with a glint of excitement in her blue eyes.

"And where that be?" I knitted my brows. She looks like she has a place in her mind already.

"New York" She exclaimed.

"What?" That's too far from here.

"Bestie, I need to tell you something" She said sheepishly.

"What it is, Juls?" but I guess I know what it is.

"I got accepted in one of the five star hotels that I applied online" she look at me calculating my reaction.

I can't utter a word from the surprised and shocked.

"Bestie?" she asked hesitantly.

"I'm so happy for you, Juls" I said when I recover from the surprise and stand up from my seat and give her a hug. I'm truly happy for her, she deserves that.

"Thank you, Bestie" she hug me in return and wipe her unshed tears.

I'm truly happy for my bestfriend but at the same time, I'm sad. I'll be going to be alone here now. I need to find a job faster so that I can make my body and mind occupied.

    Please vote and comment! Happy reading guys! 😊