Ben Davis x Student! Depressed! Reader ~ Stay Forever~

I don't think school was ever actually easy. Neither was my home life...
I sat in my seat at school and watched the substitute teacher, Mr. Davis, try to teach us algebra. Of course, math was never my easy subject, but somehow... he made it easy. I paid attention with all my focus on the board, and him. Suddenly, another student's phone ringtone went off. She checked it, and a large evil grin spread over her face as she leaned over to her other friend to show her what was on the screen.

Mr. Davis turned around and looked at her, chuckling. "Listen, I know this is borin' and you don't wanna be here, I get it. But you could at least try to pay 'sum attention," He said, grinning at the class. Something about his smile made me feel a lot better about my day. He was a large guy, but had a warm heart, I could tell... his strong country accent made me feel all happy... it's a rare feeling for me...

Suddenly, my phone went off. Opening my lock screen... I saw the photo. "No." I said breathlessly. What was on my screen made everything in my body freeze.

Mr. Davis turned around, and his smile dropped. He crouched down to the height of my desk, and looked at me softly. "Hey," he said softly and comfortingly. "Can... Can I take a look at this?" He asked, pointing to my phone on my desk.

I shakily nodded my head, hot tears running down my face. He picked up my phone and stared at the screen. A dark look overcame his face and he looked at me with sorrow in his eyes. He grasped my phone tightly in his hand and stood, facing the class with a look of rage on his face. He waved my phone screen at the class, "Does anybody know about this photo?!" He spat, waving my phone at the class. "Wait, lemme rephrase that, who dudn't know about this photo?!" He boomed, and stormed off to the trash can, removing the bag and grabbing the bin. He stomped around the room, making every student throw their phones into the bucket. Once they were all in, he stormed outside an threw them all in the dumpster.

I stayed at my seat, shaking and trembling. I suddenly ran out of the class and puked in the hallway, leaning over and sobbing, I ran over to my locker and grabbed my jacket, pulling it over my body. I ran out of the school, quickly walking down the street, "I'm gonna do it... in finally gonna do it..." I mumbled under my breath. "U-Uh, (Y/N)!" I heard a voice call from over my shoulder. I turned slowly, to see Mr. Davis running towards me. "Wait!" He said quickly... he sounded worried, and concerned. I stopped walking and turned to wait for him to finally catch up to me. Once he did, the worried look on his face didn't come off.

"Your name's (Y/N), right?" He asked, trying to catch his breath. I nodded shakily, and I couldn't stop crying...
"Listen, I took care of it. I don't care what happened, or who you think you are, but you're a great person I can tell." He said, reaching down and comfortingly taking hold of my arm. I flinched and winced in pain, my tears increasing now.

The look of concern increased, and for a moment, he looked confused as of why I winced. But then, a look of realization sunk into his face.
"Roll up your sleeves." He demanded.
"N-No." I said quietly, squeezing my eyes shut.
He looked slightly frustrated, and he went to reach up and cup my cheek, but I cried out and flinched, using my arm to shield my face like I was about to get slapped.
He widened his eyes and drew his hand back. "(Y-Y/N), I won't hurt you. Why would you think that?" He asked softly, dropping his hand at his side.
"I-I'm sorry..." I whispered, hanging my head.
He shook his head and softly smiled. "There's nothing to be sorry about," He said, tucking a strand of hair out of my face. He stared at my arms that were clothed in my jacket. "Please, (Y/N), roll up your sleeves." He requested, and I sighed. Slowly, I pulled up my sleeves, revealing millions of cuts all over my arms. His concerned look increased, and so did my tears. Then, he did something I had never expected him to do. He engulfed me in a warm, loving hug. I trembled at first, instinctively thinking he was going to hurt me... but once I realized he wasn't hurting me, I slowly laid my head on his chest, and then slowly, I closed my eyes and let out a breath I didn't realize I had been holding in.
I relaxed in his arms, and I could feel his breath on my neck. "I'm so sorry..." I mumbled calmly. I kept my eyes closed, and I kept breathing, "no.. you don't need to be sorry." He whispered back. "Will you stay forever... even if I don't stay together?"
He smiled, "Of course,"