Misplaced

Hello Kittens!

I'm back! School was fucking awful, but its out for the next few months.

Anyway enjoy the chapter!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Bakubro!" Kirishima called from where he stood at the gates of UA.

Katsuki grunted in acknowledgment when he reached Kirishima before the two made their way towards the building. The two red eyed boys had become friends, yes actual friends, since Katsuki saved Ejiro from the sludge villain.

It was startling how similar yet different Ejiro was to Izuku. Katsuki would notice little things about Ejiro that he also used to notice about Izuku. They way Ejiro got excited and seemed to bounce around and talk amidly about whatever topic came to mind, was one way. Izuku was always more vocal though continuing to mutter his excitement after the initial wave of excited chatter, whereas Kirishima would take a breath to calm himself before waiting to see if the topic was worth continuing to discuss in a more calm manner.

It made Katsuki realize a few different things. The feelings he held for Izuku weren't hatred and annoyance, they were misplaced feelings of admiration and a crush that he didn't understand at the time.

He only realized the crush part rather recently when those feelings from before were thrown back into his face. This time around instead of assuming annoyance and projecting anger he looked up what he was feeling and even ended up talking to his therapist about it. Turns out he was crushing on the blackette turned red head. Katsuki has yet to tell the other boy. He wants to at least get to know him a little more before acting on a crush, that might end up going away if he gets to know Kirishima more.

He was pulled out of his thoughts as Ejiro tripped and stumbled forward. Both of them assumed he was about to face-plant so in preparation Kiri activated his quirk. Before he hit the ground he began to float.

"It's a bad omen to trip and fall!" Said a round faced girl, "Sorry for using my quirk on you without permission!" She said as she righted Kirishima onto his feet and deactivated her quirk.

"Thanks for the save!" Kirishima said, giving her a smile.

Katsuki rolled his eyes, "Thanks for keeping this moron from falling round his face." He said walking towards the entrance, ignoring her indignant squawk of 'Round face!?'

"Hehe... Sorry about him! He didn't mean that in a mean way, he just..." Kirishima trailed off.

The girl shook her head, "I think I get!" She said, extending her hand, "I'm Ochako Uraraka by the way."

"Ejiro Kirishima!" Kiri said, returning the handshake.

"Let's get in there and do our best Kirishima!" She said, fist pumping the air before running into the building.

Kiri walked in soon after her and spoted where Katsuki had saved him a seat. He walked over, sat down and talked with Bakugou for a short time until the presentation started.

🏶🏶🏶🏶🏶🏶🏶🏶🏶🏶🏶🏶🏶🏶🏶🏶🏶🏶🏶🏶🏶🏶🏶🏶🏶🏶🏶🏶🏶🏶🏶🏶🏶🏶🏶🏶🏶🏶🏶🏶🏶🏶

"Good morning Listeners!" Present Mic started, "It's great to see how many potential heroes students are here today!"

He clicked on a giant projector, "The first thing that you all will be doing is the written portion of these exams! The writing portion is to see if you are up to the task of attending UA and if you pass this, but not the practical exam you most likely will get into Gen. Ed. unless you are also taking the support or business course exams on Wednesday and pass one of those!" He said before clicking a button.

Every seat in the auditorium to have a divider pop up from the ground, starting a few people. The tables in front of the students each had a small trapdoor open and revealed the written test packet, a few pencils, an erasure, and some scrap paper.

Mic announced, "Oh and don't try to cheat off of others or help your friends. We'll know if you do and it will cause you to be immediately disqualified from the exams."

Mic gave a slightly sinister grin that caused shivers to go up a few potential student's spines, "Good luck, you're gonna need it." He said before pressing another button and a timer popped up on the projector. The time said 2 hours and 30 minutes.

💮🏵️💮🏵️💮🏵️💮🏵️💮🏵️💮🏵️💮🏵️💮🏵️💮🏵️💮🏵️💮🏵️💮🏵️💮🏵️

Katsuki stretched, causing his back to pop. The written test was easy considering the amount of studying he did. He was now on the bus headed for his practical site. He was thinking about the robots. There had to be more to this exam than just competition out right.

The old him would have just taken this at face value and would have been excited to blow things sky high and vent his frustration, but now not so much. 'Maybe they want us to help each other if we get into trouble.' He thought.

He felt someone looking at him and glanced up to see a purple haired guy, looking at him. Katsuki raised a brow at him, "Can I help you?" He asked.

The kid shrugged, "Not really. I just recognized you from the news. Your the kid that saved the black haired guy from that villain right?"

"Yeah?" Katsuki answered, brow still raised.

"Must be nice having a quirk perfect for heroics." The kid said offhandedly.

That comment caused Katsuki to flinch, "No quirk is perfect for heroics." Katsuki said.

The purple haired guy gave him a look, "Do you think someone with a villainous quirk could be a hero?" He asked, voice full of doubt.

"No quirk is villainous off the bat. It all depends on how you fucking use it and how much you train." Katsuki said it was completely genuine, but annoyed.

The kid was silent after that, leaving Katsuki to go back to his own thoughts.