Trust - Lourik (Fell!Poth) (1)

Type: ... uh, angst? Idk
Ship: Lourik (Lotus x Rurik/Fell!Goth x Fell!Palette)
Third Person
Trigger warning: Murder
Not requested I just thought of it and wanted to write it before I lost motivation
----

Note: "Chalk" is Fell!Ink's name in my headcannons and idk his real name so imma call him that. Also, I know that Marvul isn't Fell!Dream, he's the SwapVerse version, but I'm using him as Rurik's father anyways

Rurik had been caught. He was on the run for two weeks at this point, but his capture was inevitable. The news of his apprehension spread like wildfire throughout the kingdom. It was relief, in their eyes. Rurik Roller was arrested for the murder of his parents. Nobody truly knew why he'd killed them, but he knew he had his reasons. In addition to the capture, Rurik's half-brother, Papercut, was the lead of the battalion that apprehended him. What a lovely coincidence. He was to be brought to the kingdom's capital to receive his sentence, though he already knew what lay in wait for him.

-

Rurik sat on the back of one of the larger horses, a creamy brown stallion. The horse seemed troubled, and he noticed how it was trying to remove the reigns from its mouth, as if it was choking it. His hands were tied, and the person that held the reigns was ignoring him entirely. He didn't care. He tried to pet the horse as best he could, as he'd always had a soft spot for animals. The rest of the patrol that were taking him to the capital were riding their steeds, trotting along the dirt road beside, behind and in front of him. There was no chance for escape, even if he wanted to. Rurik glanced toward the head of the patrol, his half-brother leading the group. Rurik smirked. He was always good at annoying people, and he had nothing to lose at this point. He already knew he was going to be executed.

"Sooo..." Rurik said aloud, glancing over his shoulder at Papercut. "Since when have you been the general of a battalion?"

Papercut didn't respond. "Not up for talkin, eh?" Rurik laughed. "C'mon bro, what's up, how've you been, blah blah blah." Papercut glared back at him.

"You aren't my brother. Now be quiet, we're almost in town. You'll receive your sentence shortly." He said, stone cold. Rurik shrugged.

"Fine then, mister kill-joy."

As the group of soldiers rode into the town, some of the humans and monsters in the surrounding area gathered to watch them pass. Some yelled slurs and insults in Rurik's direction, while others just stared. Rurik didn't care about the commotion. He sat tall and proud, not bothered by the hate in the slightest. They continued forward, heading toward the castle's stables. He recognized most of the places they passed. The Tavern down the road, the trading posts in the distance. He'd grown up here, in the capital.

It didn't take long to reach the stables, a medium-sized building near the back entrance of the castle. Rurik got off the stallion and was immediately escorted out of the room. The large horse looked back at him and snorted before being led away to it's stall, obviously not wanting to. He heard someone call the horse Buckle. The thought was suddenly snapped out of his mind as one of the guardsmen pushed him forward, heading inside the castle to the throne room. All criminals were addressed by the monarchs themselves. Most would cower in their presence, but Rurik didn't. He had gotten used to ignoring fear. He'd learned to show pride instead. The stone walls echoed with the sound of their footsteps, and only then did he notice that one of his escorts was Papercut. The other was a dog-based monster he didn't recognize.

Rurik chuckled. "Don't suppose there's any chance they'll go easy on me, huh?" He commented jokingly. Papercut glared at him.