Chapter 15- Life of the Party

***

Read between the lines, What's fucked up and every thing's all right

(Green Day- Boulivard of Broken Dreams)

***

Aaliyah laid on her bed for almost an hour. She was listening to the party going on in the common room, but was definitely not up for joining in. After a few minutes she heard someone quietly entering the room. She picked up her head and saw Hermione.

"Aaliyah, are you alright?" She asked timidly.

'No," Aaliyah said with a shaky voice. "No, I'm not alright. How could he? How could he put his name in and not even tell me? How did he do it? And how did he get picked anyway? I thought there could only be one champion per school!" She started sobbing all over agian.

"I don't think he did, Aaliyah... I really don't believe Harry put his name in that Goblet. The Age Line was fool proof. I think someone else put it in for him... Maybe under the name of a different school or something..." Hermione said with a worried look on her face.

"Why would they do that? Do you think he asked them to?" She knew Hermione couldn't possibly know the truth or have all the answers,but she needed to let this out.

"No... I don't think Harry asked anyone to put his name in. Aaliyah, this tournament is extremely dangerous... champions have died." Hermione looked like she wanted to say something more.

"That doesn't make me feel any better, Hermione," Aaliyah told her bluntly.

"I know, it's just... Aaliyah, I think someone wanted Harry to compete to put his life in danger." Hermione looked at her, waiting for an answer. Instead Aaliyah got out of  bed and wiped off her face. She walked past Hermione and down the stairs to the common room. The Gryffindors were partying hard, that was for sure. There was food, and music, and Firewiskey. She searched for her brother, but didn't see him, it was really crowded. She pushed her way through the crowd when she bumped into George. 

"Hey, there, Ally! Come to join the party I see!" He had a brilliant smile on his face. His cheeks were red, and he was stumbling slightly as if he'd had a decent amount to drink. "You are just so beautiful, you know that? I guess I see what-" but he stopped talking suddenly, as if he'd said something he shouldn't. Normally she'd press him to tell her what he was going to say, but she wasn't in the mood right now.

"George," she started. "Have you seen Harry?" She looked at his eyes pleadingly. 

"Oh, yes, he's just gone up to his dorm, actually." He gazed up the stairs that led to the boys dorms. "Care to dance?"

"Thanks, George, but I'm not really in the mood." Aaliyah shuffled her feet on the floor- she knew she should just leave Harry be. If he wanted to talk to her he would. Suddenly she felt two strong arms go over her shoulders and hug her from behind. Fred's voice sounded in her ear as leaned on her, obviously a bit drunk too.

"Ally, my sweet and beautiful Ally! Dance with me, will you?" He turned her around and grabbed her hands and began to dance.

"Fred, I'm not really-" but he cut her off and leaned close to her face, looking at her eyes with his tipsy look.

"Shhh, Ally! Worrying won't do you any good now. I know you're scared, but just try and have some fun!" He pulled their hands up and twirled her around, catching her as she spun back into his arms. She smiled, and tried to let loose a little bit, but it wasn't working very well. She gave him another smile before pulling away and walking back toward the girls' stairs.

"Aaliyah, come back!" Fred called after her, but she didn't turn around. She got upstairs and sat on her bed. Hermione seemed to be the only other person to understand the gravity of the situation. When Harry had been upset over the summer, he wrote to his godfather. So, Aaliyah decided to try the same thing. She pulled out a parchment and quill and began to write.

Dear Remus, 

I hope you are doing well. I'm writing to you because I'm very concerned. You see, Harry's was chosen as a second Hogwarts' champion to compete in the tournament. I don't want him to. I'm so worried. It just doesn't make any sense. Something is very off here. Hermione is worried just like I am that someone did this to him with bad intentions. Please tell me what I should do.

Sincerely,

Aaliyah

She folded up the parchment and set it on her nightstand- she didn't want to walk through the party to go to the owlery, so it would wait until morning to be sent. She changed into her nightclothes and turn of her lamp. Sleep took a while to come to her, her mind was racing with horrible and worrisome thoughts. But finally, she slipped into darkness.

***
Aaliyah opened her eyes, and saw Cedric smiling at her.

"Well, I've got to go and compete now." He leaned down and pressed his lips against hers. "I'll see you after I win, love." He smiled and walked in the Forbidden Forest behind them. She looked to her right and saw Hermione nervously biting her nails.

"What's wrong, Hermione?" She said, placing her hand on Hermione's arm comfortingly. 

"Harry's been in there two long! He only needed one vial of Unicorn blood.... it shouldn't have taken this long." Aaliyah grabbed Hermione's hand as they stared at the edge of the Forest, waiting for Harry to emerge. After a little while, Cedric ran out, carrying Harry's lifeless body in his arms.

"NO!" Aaliyah screamed, opening her eyes to see her dormitory in front of them. She looked around, panting. Hermione sat up groggily and looked over at her. 

"Are you okay?" She asked in the darkness. 

"Yeah, fine," Aaliyah laid back down, staring at the ceiling with wide open eyes. She looked up at the glowing constellation of fake stars Fred and George had given her as a present for her thirteenth birthday, they knew how much she loved the stars. Images of her nightmare flashed through her mind. She saw her brother, dead. The shitty thing about this nightmare, though, was it might be coming true.