Chapter 8; You'll Come Back

(AN: Who do you ship so far? *~*)
-

"There's going to be a new competition for all the magic guilds this year!" Ooba Babasaama announced one day. I've been in Lamia Scale for a month now, and everything is okay. Everyone got used to me here. Even Natsu...eventually. I recalled on what happened when he found out I left.

"What have you done to Juvia?!" Natsu had burst through the doors, his dangerous orange flame dancing in his palm. Happy and the rest of the Fairy Tail guild were behind him, ready to fight.

Everyone in Lamia Scale turned to face him, alarmed. Lyon stood up, but I held up my hand and walked over to Natsu myself.

"It's okay, Natsu. I chose to leave. I'm part of the guild now." Lucy, Erza, Gray, Wendy and the others gasped out loud.

"But...what..." Natsu's angry face softened, then turned to hurt confusion. The fire in his hands died out.

"I'm part of the guild now," I repeated. I held out my arms to be clear.

"But what about Fairy Tail? What about family?!"

"I-I'm sorry, Natsu..." My hands fell to my sides. "I just, don't think I belong there anymore."

"You do belong here Juvia," Natsu's voiced softened like I never heard before. I never knew him that well, but I always thought of him as the loud and rambunctious one.

"I--" I didn't know what to say to that. I opened my mouth to speak but was interupted by Natsu's strong arms around me.

"You'll come back when you're ready," He said.

Eventually, I hugged back. In the corner of my eye, I saw Gray scowling at us.

"You'll come back when you're ready," Natsu said. And left.

I snapped out of my daydream when I started spinning. "Aaargh! Stop! Or I'll soak you with water!"

Even Ooba Babasaama knew to stop. I was known as the vicious one in the guild. But Ooba Babasaama still tries act tough.

"Did you here what I said?!"

"Uh, no?"

She dramatically sighed. "I said, that there's a new competition to see who's the strongest of all the magic guilds!"

"So like, the Grand Magic Games," I said.

"No, no, no! It's called the Great Magic Games now," Ooba Babasaama said matter-a-factly.

"....That's basically the same thing," I sweatdropped.

The next chapter is coming soon (: