21

||Aarohi||

"Are you really sure about this?" my mom asked me for the fifth time.

Ever since they have come to know about how I'm meeting a doctor for discussing radiation and chemotherapy, they've become restless. Maybe it's because I've always denied for it before and now suddenly I agreed to it. Or maybe they have the same fear as me, disappointment.

I held her hands in mine and said,"Yes ma, I'm sure. Now if you ask me again then I won't be able to try. So please."

"Ya you're right. I shouldn't ask something so silly again and again." she said and pulled her hands from my hands.

I shaked my head saying,"Ma you're getting me wrong, I didn't mean it that way."

This time she took my hands in hers and said,"I know baby. I and your dad have always supported you in all of your decisions. This time isn't any different."

I smiled and hugged her. Just then the doorbell rang and I got up to leave. After lots of nagging my dad agreed to let me visit the doctor with Shubman. He atleast wanted to come with us but I wanted to take Shubman somewhere else later.

I opened the door and greeted him with a quick hi. He came inside and met my mom. After talking for a few good minutes he got up and we left.

The ride to the doctor wasn't too long but it felt like years. The whole ride was silent, I was too nervous to speak anything. My mind was busy with various thoughts. At a point I even thought of asking Shubman to take a U-turn but when he smiled at me, I couldn't.

We reached there but before getting out of the car Shubh stopped me. He kissed the top of my head quickly and said,"Let's do this, together?"

I nodded with a smile and we went inside. Since the appointment time was already decided we didn't had to wait outside. Inside was Doctor Disha, young and beautiful. She greeted us with a smile and asked us to sit down.

"I was just reading your file Aarohi." she said.

Before I could ask or say anything Shubman started asking various questions impatiently. She laughed and said,"Your boyfriend really loves you a lot huh!"

"He's not my boyfriend" "I'm not her boyfriend" we clarified together.

We looked at each other and then awkwardly looked away.

She laughed and said,"Ohh okay! It's just that he's called me so many times before our meeting today that I thought he was your boyfriend."

I looked at Shubman with shock and he just cleared his throat and asked the doctor to focus on my health's discussion. She explained my case with lots of patience.

"So we'll try three experimental sessions first. Depending at what rate and to which therapy it reacts positively, we'll take the further decision. Okay?"

"Okay" I said with a huge smile. I know I shouldn't be so happy. I know that whenever I hope for something, nothing happens infact everything goes wrong. But this time is different, this time Shubman is my hope. And I trust this hope.

I thought the meeting was over but she passed a file in front of us. Motioning to it she said,"Before the therapy you'll have to sign these papers. I suggest you read it once."