19 | Power

☾

We thought we would be able to do the spell the day after we found out about Lucien's return, but days turned into weeks and now it's been almost a month since Lucien has returned to New Orleans and we still can't find a way to channel Finn while he's daggered.

"Klaus I can't do this without him alive" Freya protested but it was useless, Klaus wouldn't budge. Elijah tried talking some sense into him but it only seemed to make him more mad.

"We need to do this merge now. Lucien has already tried to come for Clara, whats to say he won't do it again?" Hayley said and suddenly I got a note in the pocket of my leather pants.

"It's from Lucien's regent; Vincent Griffith. He wants me to go to the cemetery...." I said as I held the note in my hands. Elijah took the note and read it to himself.

"This is a trial, if she does not show up. Lucien will stop at nothing to kill her" Elijah said.

"If she goes, we all go. She's family and she is what will keep my daughter safe for eternity. I'm not loosing her too" Klaus said and it was the first time he had called me his family. I felt at odds with it, being a Mikaelson had its benefits but it also had a lot of cons.

"Thank you brother, but I will take Clara. If we all show up they will feel threatened" Elijah said and Hayley went to Klaus, recently they had been growing closer. Klaus had killed his one night stand Camille O'Connell who was my friend to prove that he cared for nobody but his own, he did it for Hayley and Hope. I wouldn't doubt it if the two fell in love and had the perfect little family of their own.

"You need to stay here and protect Hope, she needs you Klaus, I need you" Hayley said as she stood beside him. That was enough to convince him to stay.

"Well then, we'll be back before dinner." Elijah said and we walked out of the house.

"What could they want?" I asked as he walked fast. These past few weeks had been amazing with him, we were getting closer, there was something about him that I was lured to, almost like I had known him my whole life.

"I'm not sure but we can't let our guard down, Lucien will do whatever to take what he wants" Elijah said worriedly. Once we arrived to the cemetery, it was lonely. We walked to the main grave where all the witches had their meetings. Lucien and Vincent were standing there with a spell going on.

"Ah, Elijah, Clara. So wonderful of you to show up. I suppose you received Vincent's little message?" Lucien said with a wicked smile.