five

YUNHO POV

I shared the news of gaining a girlfriend with my members. San and Seonghwa were expecting it, and the rest of the members congratulated me as well.

Hongjoong was happy for me too, but he seemed a little worried. "Make sure you protect yourself, we can't let this relationship go public since it's time for our debut soon. And talk with the manager about it too." he advised.

The manager didn't not take the news as well as the others though. We were having our weekly group meeting today, and when I announced the news of my new girlfriend to our manager, he just furrowed his eyebrows, showing lines of stress on his forehead.

"Did you expect me to congratulate you?" he asked, rubbing his forehead. Before I could answer, he interrupted me by saying, "You know what, sure. I'm not going to force you to break up with her, just make sure your relationship remains a secret." he said with the calmest voice he could manage to bring out.

"And no matter what, make sure the chairman doesn't find out. I'll try my best to cover you two, but if word gets out, don't tell anyone in the company that I knew about this relationship." He gulped, worried and lowered his voice, motioning the rest of the members to come closer. In a whispered voice he said, "My job and head is on the line here so please, I beg you, don't mess up kids. I only want what is best for you. But otherwise, congrats Yunho." he gave me a small smile.

I smiled back and Mingi who was sitting next to me patted my shoulder reassuringly.

"Other news! Since today your debut mv goes up, we're going to have a private dinner funded by the company to celebrate!" the manager looked at me. "Private. So if you want you can bring your girl." he smiled.

Just then, we saw the silhouette of a black shadow quickly pass by the meeting room. "What was that? This was supposed to be a private meeting." Frustrated, the manager stood up and walked outside.

We heard him talking to someone, but couldn't process what was going on. He walked in and sighed. "We really need to keep our new staff in check. They can't just wander around like that!"

"What happened?" Hongjoong asked.

"Just some new employee. She didn't even have a name tag on her, but she said she was lost trying to find HR. I directed her there and scolded her, but hopefully she isn't harmful." The manager looked at me and covered my hand.

"Don't worry, this secret stays only in this room." he looked at the other members. "No one in here is allowed to tell anyone else except for Yunho's parents maybe." Everyone nodded and sat back down, so we could continue with our meeting.

-

NO ONE POV

"I got the evidence sir. Confirmed, Yunho of Ateez is dating the girl from the restaurant." the girl opened a picture of Yunho sitting across from Y/N at a restaurant.

"Good work. This group was getting on my nerves. Didn't even debut and yet they were getting so much recognition from different influencers. It's about time we set up a scandal." the man said sipping his tea. "When did you say it was their debut?"

"Today, they debuted with their first album and title track 'Pirate King,' October 24, 2018."

"Nice. Were you able to do a background check on the girl?"

"She is a personal trainer, known for training olympics athletes and idols. This time KQ entertainment hired her to personally train Yunho, which is how I am theorizing they started to date."

"Nice! Write an article about the scandal just like that. Do it right away, and release it tomorrow morning at 10 AM. Rookie group debuts chocolate abs idol. But wait! He's taken? I can see the headlines and the hashtags on twitter in my head already!" The man cackled like a maniac.